The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recipe Quality / Improvement ? ? ?

NpcOnStrike
I'm new to this game, got my self some recipes but its says on theme " To Create Requires Recipe Quality 2 and Improvement 5.
Can Anyone explain to me what is Recipe Quality and improvement and how to get them higher lvl like form lvl 1 to lvl 5 ....
Thank you
Edited by NpcOnStrike on May 28, 2015 11:34AM
  • Jochamo
    Jochamo
    Both Recipe Quality and Recipe Improvement can be raised by investing skill points into the appropriate skill in the provisioning line.

Recipe Improvement increases the level of the food you can make, e.g., lvl 1 improvement makes food for character lvls 1-19, lvl 2 improvement makes food for characters 20-29, and so on.

Recipe Quality allows you to make higher quality recipes, that is, green, blue and purple. The higher the quality of the food, the more attributes are improved. For example, a green recipe will raise only one attribute (stamina), but a blue recipe will raise two attributes (stamina and health).

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if you decide to do Provisioning Writs to level your Provisioning Skill, only the Recipe Improvement Passive affects the level requirement for the Writ. So green recipes are all that is required for Writs.

The Writ level then determines what level of food/beverage you have to make for the writ and where in Tamriel you have to drop off the goods for the reward.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the first time you make a Blue or Purple Recipe, you get more Inspiration for that, but after all the Blues and Purples give the same inspiration as Greens. So, if your grinding this up, don't make Blues for that reason, only for use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like any other skill in ESO you need to actually make stuff to gain experience,

When you get enough XP the next level of the skill will unlock,
    Investing a skill point into that skill line will now allow you to make that level food or drink,

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those passives don't change the actual level of the recipe. A level 1 recipe will always be a level 1 recipe, and a green recipe will always be green.

What putting points in the passives will do is allow you to make higher level/quality recipes.
    The Moot Councillor