The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for Help - Rank 14 Gear + traits

Sha_dow
Sha_dow
Hi there

Have a few questions which Cant seem to get answered in game so thought I would ask here

Class: Drago Night

Armour light armour set - Was Thinking 2 Torugs 2 Adroit 3 Healers 3 something else for Max Spell power

any suggestions how to get max Damage or regen etc ?

Weapon: Destruction Staff - What would be the best Trait for DPS Precise or Nim ?

* Destruction Damage scales of of Spell power Is that correct ?

any other help to get my Character perfect would be much app :)

T.I.A

• PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-0pvp-one-shot-wonder-dk-build/

All you need to know should be here.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka damage scales off spell damage, max magicka and spell crit.

For pve you could go full spell dmg:
    -4x martial knowledge
    -2x torugs
    -3x adroitness
    -2x cyrodiil's light
    Infused trait on big armor pieces, divines on small and precise/nirn on the destro staff.
    If you're playing a Dunmer (darkelf) you could also use the Silks of the Sun 5 set.
    And take the Mage mundus stone to increase max magicka.

For pvp you need more magicka regen but also spell power, you could use something like this:
    -4x healers (3x jewelry)
    -2x torugs
    -4x magnus
    -1x blood spawn (for stamina regen to block/dodge/break-free)
    For now nirn is the best trait for pvp but this will probably change in the next major update.
    And take the Atronach mundus for magicka regen.

If you have the the Undaunted Mettle passive you could use 1 heavy chest/1 medium/5 light in the pvp setup to get 6% attribute bonus.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask questions if you have them.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    TY both for the wealth of information Will start getting stuff ready now

im Rank 11 but odd now When i kill mobs i get 20 exp per kill not 400-1400 per kill

looks like I will have to venture to Craiglorn but without groups its awful place to do quests
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sha_dow wrote: »

looks like I will have to venture to Craiglorn but without groups its awful place to do quests

Are you looking to Level? Then Craglorn is not the place to go for that. A couple of weeks ago I was up there with my VR6 Templar, and we spent about 3 hours doing the first half of the zone main quest. Got all the way through the Warriors part of it. Barely moved my Exp Bar and just nudged the CP bar. After I went to a VR4 zone by myself and in three dungeons had gained a VR Rank (I needed half a rank at the time).

If your VR11, then go to Cyrodiil or the last Gold Zone and grind there.
    Edited by Nestor on June 2, 2015 7:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    Nestor wrote: »

Are you looking to Level? Then Craglorn is not the place to go for that. A couple of weeks ago I was up there with my VR6 Templar, and we spent about 3 hours doing the first half of the zone main quest. Got all the way through the Warriors part of it. Barely moved my Exp Bar and just nudged the CP bar. After I went to a VR4 zone by myself and in three dungeons had gained a VR Rank (I needed half a rank at the time).

If your VR11, then go to Cyrodiil or the last Gold Zone and grind there.

@Nestor Im in the LAST gold zone and no mob will give me more than 20 xp per kill is this intended???

Im going to see if i missed any quests but best I can do is rank 12 i think :S

P.S i cant do PVP i hav enever liked pvp in any game

Pledges for me i think until removal of vet levels

Edited by Sha_dow on June 4, 2015 3:04PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nestor Im in the LAST gold zone and no mob will give me more than 20 xp per kill is this intended???

Im going to see if i missed any quests but best I can do is rank 12 i think :S

That does not sound right unless you are in Craglorn. I have not done much with my VR12 other than grind up the 2H skill on him lately. But I do remember my Exp bar moving up at a rate comparable to my other VRs doing their thing. And, all my VRs are over leveled right now*. But, I also have ESO Plus, so that could be a factor.

To find quests you may have missed, get the Destinations addon, it will show you those on the map.

*I have a VR6.5 Templar that is just finishing the 3rd zone in Silver, and a VR10.5 that still has half the 3rd zone of Gold to do. Both of these characters will be VR14 by the time of, if not before, I finish Gold.

Edited by Nestor on June 4, 2015 3:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    I grinded mobs alot and silver area gave me 488/900 exp per kill and 1440 CP per kill

when i Hit rank 11 the rank 10 mobs stopped giving ANY EXP

quests only give so much but i guess rank 11 is the cut off since the highest mob in gold is rank 10
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAICT, Banekins and Scamps (and other smallish creatures) give you low XP... try killing a big mob in the VR9/10 zone... like a Clannfear or a zombie. It should give you around 400Xp each, if I'm not mistaken.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    leeux wrote: »
    AFAICT, Banekins and Scamps (and other smallish creatures) give you low XP... try killing a big mob in the VR9/10 zone... like a Clannfear or a zombie. It should give you around 400Xp each, if I'm not mistaken.

I was killing full mobs also i.e what I would class as normal mobs, - 20 xp per kill

Even tried 2 trolls which are classed as Strong/elite mobs and got 20 xp also and im Subscription based

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ That's strange @Sha_dow :( Don't know what could be happening there...

When I log in tonight I'll try to do some tests in Bangkorai (My VR10 zone) and take note of the XP values.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>