The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vr7 stuck with certain crafts. please help

Dangk
Dangk
So I've been playing since release. I'm a vr7 nightblade. I have growing concerns with the release of console version coming up. Currently blacksmithing woodworking and clothing are maxed out. Here's my Problem. Provisioning,enchanting and alchemy are very very low. Is there a easy way to catch those up? Or will I have to go back to the starter zones to farm low level mats? If that's the case I'll just reroll and do it the right way. Thanks for your help !!
  • MyNegation
    MyNegation
    ✭✭✭
    also v7 here.

provisioning and alchemy are very very easy.

provisioning:
    when you go into any solo delves or public dungeon, simply loot every barrel and crate. and then when you in town make food.
    if you don't have recipe, just buy 2-3 recipes that use different foods for your level ( green recipes cost 60- 100 and blue cost 200-500 blue recipe give at least twice as much XP as green recipe )
    the actual XP gain from single food is very high.

I think i got provisioning to max level before level 30.

alchemy:
    alchemy use the same flowers for all levels, what changes is the solvent ( type of water)
    you pick any flower in the area ( any flower even one that gives bad potion) and use the highest water you have.
    waters generally obtained from urns dwemer delves/dungeons have lot of urns.

from my experience all daggerfall maps have more flowers than any other faction.

enchanting:
    have no idea...
    it is definitely a ball drop from ZOS.
    i am struggling with it, the materials are rare, the xp amount per craft is very low. it is the only craft that i am actively buying mats from trade posts and i have just reached the fourties.
    Nine worlds of lore, Such was the world in dark days of yore
    Safekeeper of the world then was Thor, Such was what they believed in before
    Nine were the worlds of lore
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make leveling up enchanting faster you have few options:
    - Farm runestones, find an enchanter to make glyphs from the stones for you to deconstruct. Farm at the highest area you can, including Craglorn. Make a batch of about 50 aspect, potency and essence. The higher aspects and potencies you put the better XP you get. Put whatever essences you have most. Add few kutas as payment.
    - Grind mobs. E.g. for AD zombies north of Sentinel, Alikr are VR8. They drop glyphs and about sixty white glyphs give one +40 level.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on experience levelling multiple characters, Levelling from higher materials/recipes is always good.

Provisioning is the easiest and probably the cheapest, all of my characters are Provisioning 50. However it's probably harder than it was when there wasn't a justice system.

Alchemy is also easy but not as cheap. Alchemy mats are pretty common though, stop for all of them, farm some areas use them up and vendor the potions. Try to keep Columbine, Bugloss and Mountain Flower out of the mixes though, you're going to want to keep those for personal use :). I've had no trouble keeping alchemy up to level on characters or even raising it up to 50 from 0 over a fortnight. Of course having 8 Alts I have a lot of water.

Enchanting as you level characters up is, or was, almost impossible to keep with the characters level. Recently I decided to level my Templar VR up in enchanting, for which I had struggled with my Crafter. I only deconned VR Glyphs and did Writs (because of the Crafter I had a lot of runes for the Writs). It's taken longer than any others, even her blacksmithing which I started 9 days ago is higher than the enchanting, but it's been a lot faster, deconning VR Glyphs, than levelling enchanting as the character levelled. In the three weeks I've been levelling her I've gotten up to VR8 Potency Glyphs deconning VR Glyphs.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting as you level characters up is, or was, almost impossible to keep with the characters level.

I find I can keep my enchanting level up with my character if I decon every glyph I get. But, this also requires a few grind sessions ever 5 to 10 character levels where there are Zombies/Undead/Daedra that drop Glyphs. However, prior to 1.4 (1.5?) there was no way your Extractions would keep your Enchanting on pace.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some tips - which may or may not work depending on how much gold you have or can obtain!

1. Provisioning: Levels pretty easily. Do what others said and grab whatever you can as you are out and about, and if you don't have recipes for them, look in the guild stores for cheap recipes that use them. Get the highest level that you can for the mats you acquire, without breaking your bank. You can always buy the crap mats that no-one wants for cheap and use them to level. Don't be sad about dumping what you made - it was for education!

2. Alchemy. By the cheapest flowers you can find in the stores - there are "junk" flowers that aren't much use that often go cheap. Water (except "Filtered") is easy to find - just follow any river or body of water and you'll pick up a bunch. I personally would't suggest you buy it, except if you had plenty of gold and were needing "filtered". Always use the highest level water you can first - the flowers are the same, the water is what sets what inspiration you are going to get. Then get the "Potion Maker" add-on, and make whatever potions you can from them (stay away from the 3-ingredient potions for leveling). They don't have to be useful - you are just making them to level. Sell whatever junk potions you make to the NPC merchants - they don't care if they are poison or not!

3. Enchanting. You need to deconstruct other's glyphs to effectively level it faster. There are various ways to do this - such as getting a partner to swap with. But that never worked for me! What I did was come up with a formula for a inspiration/gold value, and make and sell glyph at that value, and then buy other crafted glyph that were at that value (yeah, "trading" through gold). There is a great chart here that will help you figure out what glyphs are "worth" with respect to leveling. Use it to search through stores and find good bargains - you don't care what kind they are, you just want to rip 'em up!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/138kYOCeuOSGEmU4WvSPzPVVqu1X11VXT_Wg8C4_7uLc

Good luck!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filtered water is easier now. E.g. for AD Vile Manse in Reaper's March drops it frequently. I think ZOS shifted it to few levels lower areas. Previously it dropped only in Coldharbour and Cyrodiil, which do not have many nodes to loot.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Filtered water is easier now. E.g. for AD Vile Manse in Reaper's March drops it frequently. I think ZOS shifted it to few levels lower areas. Previously it dropped only in Coldharbour and Cyrodiil, which do not have many nodes to loot.
    This seems to be definitely true.

On the latest character I'm leveling (currently VR3) I found a lot more of this tier of water while leveling through Reapers and Coldharbour than I ever did on my previous 5 characters to reach VR, I had to farm the stuff quite a bit when my Alchemist was working their way through the tier.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glyphs - definetly do the writs - it's the one area where you really NEED the inspiration points. Trading glyphs with a friend also works better than just deconning the ones you find (but do that as well).

It's just a major pain in the everything.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey - thanks for the note about filtered! Didn't know that since I leveled alchemy quite some time ago, and when I needed some since I've just bought it!

Yes, I agree about the writs - since the inspiration is otherwise hard or expensive to come by, writs can also help with enchanting. They are fairly cost neutral, and award reasonable inspiration. And you may get some kuta as a side benefit. I did some to help with the final push to 50 (leveled mostly before writs were in the game), but not much since then.
  • Dangk
    Dangk
    Thank you all for the tips. Huge help
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    MyNegation wrote: »
    also v7 here.
    blue recipe give at least twice as much XP as green recipe )

Not true... The level of the recipe determines the IP gains for making the item NOT the color. (Green/Blue/Purple - Same level same IP)

For leveling just use Green Recipes and save your better ingredients for later.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Daeviin
    Daeviin
    also v7 here.

enchanting:
    have no idea...
    i am struggling with it, the materials are rare, the xp amount per craft is very low. it is the only craft that i am actively buying mats from trade posts and i have just reached the fourties.

Common opinion, but enchanting is not as hard to level. I have 50 enchanting in just a coupe months. Use highest grade potency and aspect runes. Yes, even your aspect runes. Trade them with someone else and when you decon a purple glyph you get A LOT more insipration xp from that glyph.

So not a ball drop, just need to know how.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    As a general Aid....

Raw materials for all crafts are more prevalent on the starter islands. Main Faction/Silver/Gold zones...
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daeviin wrote: »
    also v7 here.

enchanting:
    have no idea...

Common opinion, but enchanting is not as hard to level. I have 50 enchanting in just a coupe months. Use highest grade potency and aspect runes. Yes, even your aspect runes. Trade them with someone else and when you decon a purple glyph you get A LOT more insipration xp from that glyph.

If you make a glyph on another toon and give it to the toon you want enchanting on does that work too? or does it have to be another player?
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Daeviin wrote: »
    also v7 here.

enchanting:
    have no idea...

If you make a glyph on another toon and give it to the toon you want enchanting on does that work too? or does it have to be another player?

Yes that works as well. It is difficult but possible the higher you go.. But a good way to start as you get the same IP as if another player made the glyph.
    Edited by Tallowby on June 3, 2015 1:43PM

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DC player, I found Filtered Water in urns in Dwemer ruins in Bangkorai. The bubbling nodes out in the Bangkorai world regions never gave it, but inside the Bangkorai Dwemer delves, there was plenty.