The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "This is ESOTU - Exploring Tamriel"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "This is ESOTU - Exploring Tamriel."

Don't miss the final installment of our "This is The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited" video series, where we explore Tamriel's massive provinces.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "For the first time in The Elder Scrolls series, Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited allows players to travel to all nine provinces of Tamriel."

Arena confirmed non-canon!
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "For the first time in The Elder Scrolls series, Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited allows players to travel to all nine provinces of Tamriel."

oO
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    Wow, well done guys. Just loved it! Played it 3 times in a row :smile: , too bad i have to work otherwise i would we playing your awesome game :smile:

Keep up the good work! Cant wait to see more awesomeness...

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO

But they did say nine provinces this time :p

So did anyone else feel like this vid was... uh... incredibly spoilery?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hrm... is it just me, or does anyone notice that these types of videos tend to run at kind of low frame rates? Is that just an "evil" of the recording process? The game just seems to look and run a lot smoother when I'm actually playing it. Good video though! I'm hyped and I already own the game :)
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice trailer. Makes me wish I could rediscover the game now as if I had never played it before :)

But it also makes me wish there were more zones that allow for truly free exploration, less guided by one-time story quests, more like repeatable content and adventures that are a bit different every time you do them.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

LOL, I thought the same thing. Whoops ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to hand it to the marketing team...they are very good at making this look like a completely different game than it is.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • ltolman4b14_ESO
    Ok; Im sorry I got to play the dumb card here; as "provinces" are confusing to me.

So with Tamriel Unlimited are you saying that any character regardless of faction can travel to anywhere on the map; unlike last year when you were really restricted? So a Daggerfall area Character can travel completely across the globe??

I logged into a character and I was counting the highlight'able map areas and ironically it was greater than 9 so I just wanted to make sure that while my current character is on the East side of the Globe he can travel completely to the West Side without any walls?

Thank you.

PS. With this answer it could bring my friend back to ESO lol
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you have spent hundreds of hours questing to level up, you can indeed travel to all provinces of Tamriel, even though most of Black Marsh and Elsweyr are inaccessible at the moment, as are large parts of Skyrim, Morrowind and Summerset Isles.

At the start of the game, your character is restricted to visit only your own faction's zones. After reaching level 50 and finishing the main story in Coldharbour, you start questing in the zones of the other factions, starting with one and continuing with the other after you are done with the same quest line a newbie character would do, only with tougher mobs.
  • ltolman4b14_ESO
    Oh well that part I knew in regards to reaching level 50 and traveling across the globe.

I thought this announcement was allowing like Level 5 players to go anywhere
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    "home to guilds" HOUSE HYPE TRAIN IS COMMING CHUGA CHUGA CHOO CHOO

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well that part I knew in regards to reaching level 50 and traveling across the globe.

I thought this announcement was allowing like Level 5 players to go anywhere

A lot of ZOS's announcements create false messages as of late.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok; Im sorry I got to play the dumb card here; as "provinces" are confusing to me.

So with Tamriel Unlimited are you saying that any character regardless of faction can travel to anywhere on the map; unlike last year when you were really restricted? So a Daggerfall area Character can travel completely across the globe??

I logged into a character and I was counting the highlight'able map areas and ironically it was greater than 9 so I just wanted to make sure that while my current character is on the East side of the Globe he can travel completely to the West Side without any walls?

Thank you.

PS. With this answer it could bring my friend back to ESO lol

Read it again, it says:

This has been true since launch I believe. It doesn't say any character, AT ANY LEVEL, is allowed to travel to all nine provinces. Any player IS allowed to travel to any province, provided that that player has EARNED that right by completing the quests required... Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold quests allow for this, as well as the daily Undaunted pledges are examples...
  • ltolman4b14_ESO
    So are they just marketing these announcements towards Console players then?

This so called "Tamriel Unlimited" announcement means nothing to PC players?

I mean yes I understand there will be *some* changes within the PC platform of "Tamriel Unlimited" but I was thinking these announcements were for all platforms including PC and that line would mean that as a PC player you can travel within those 9 provinces.

And since us PC players have played the game since April of 2014 we of course know/knew that we had to obtain a specified level before we could just travel anywhere anytime.

Uggghhh