The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to initiate the blessed crucible quest - where do I get the request to speak to Talres Voren?

GreasyDave
GreasyDave
✭✭✭✭
Last night I was with a group trying to do the blessed crucible. It was a dogpile - the player, who'd been first into the dungeon set it 5 levels above our level, wouldn't accept that there was a problem. There was no quest initiator. Probably because the leader had done it already...although he told us that the trigger came somewhere deep inside ...

Anyway it was a dogpile. I dropped the group. I was watching a youtube guide of the dungeon and the youtube player already enters the dungeon having to speak to Talres Voren. He meets Talres Voren and "completes" a step in the quest. I've no idea however, where he got the initial request to find and speak to Talres Voren. It wasn't on the video.

In our attempt we defeated the giant gatekeeper, got to the entrance hall - but there was no Talres Voren.

I've googled it but found no information about the quest at all - except a map. Not much help.

To avoid a second dogpile, I thought I'd find out where and what and who I have to speak to before I go there again.

On the positive side, of all the group dungeons I've done, this is the first where I've had a problem with another player in the group being an idiot...

So I'm appealing to one of all the fine people I have met in game to help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help with specifics because I haven't done that quest, but you could try entering the dungeon with no group and looking for Talres Voren to give you the quest, then take the quest, leave the dungeon, and join your group afterwards.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked this?
    Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant players gain access to Blessed Crucible after completing their own relevant group dungeons: Selene’s Web and Blackheart Haven.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Have you checked this?
    Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant players gain access to Blessed Crucible after completing their own relevant group dungeons: Selene’s Web and Blackheart Haven.
    Where'd you find that? It's not true. If you can get in the dungeon, you can do its quest. OP has already got into the dungeon.
    It's not even accurate for access to the dungeon. Yes, it will appear on the map after you've done your own faction's group dungeon, but you can get them all to appear if you talk to the Undaunted members in the tavern in the zone's capital city, and then you can do them in any order.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the quests are inside the dungeons. The zones they are connected to often have "go talk to X in the dungeon" quests. But you don't have to use them.

Been a while since I did that one. Pretty sure the quest guy was right at start. If the group guy talked to him before you all came, that may have advanced his progression without doing anything for you. He should have then shared the quest with you (but probably didn't)
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC the quest giver appears before the first gate, after you defeat the first wave of dogs. Maybe the leader took down the dogs and made the quest giver spawn, bugging it for the rest of the team? Anyway, I haven't done this dungeon for the first time on a character in a long time, so I can't really be sure.

EDIT: It could have been a one-off bug. Another dungeon that has serious problems with initiating and advancing the quest, also in EP territory, is Direfrost Keep. Often some group members can get the quest while others can't, and some steps will register as completed for some people and not others.
    Edited by daemonios on June 1, 2015 11:49AM
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome because I've been wanting to use this picture for a while.GoT_spoiler_warning.gif

You should find the person you are looking for near the start of the dungeon. Here is a link to a video that you can use to find him he is seen @~ 50 seconds.

https://youtube.com/watch?t=47&v=ZhOgyibT0jk
    Edited by MAOofDC on June 1, 2015 11:55AM
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!