Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

And if i want play with only one type of weapon ?

Hexyl
Hexyl
✭✭✭
Why i need to switch if i want to play with only one type of weapon. like a full dagger character or full bow-man char. Why can't have my 12 abilities on my screen..

Switch a bow to a.. bow.. is so stupid.

Nice game design.

Bored..
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is full of win,.and I give it a 8/10 o:)

Now to sit down and find something to complain about.....anything will do really......
    Edited by Agobi on May 31, 2015 6:47PM
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want 13 abilities at once. 12 is so boring.
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexyl wrote: »
    Why can't have my 12 abilities on my screen..

because the Mega-bar of ability clickies is dead, this is ESO!
    no more do we have a solid stripe of buttons across the screen somewhere, or a little block graph we switch back & forth to another set of 12 skills... (lookin at you LOTRO & STO)

I was like you for a few minutes, "oh but where are my skills?"
    & then I noticed how much better five active skills plus ultimate is!
    less really IS more

I'm not looking at the skill bar, I'm watching my character kick the ass.
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bow/Bow was the very first build my Bosmer Nightblade ran.

One bar for close quarters combat and one bar for long ranged combat.

Of course, at that time Snipe actually had a minimum range...
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Two bars with the same weapon type is perfectly viable. The reason this game doesn't rely on a ton of skill slots is because they want more focus to be on the actual combat rather than the little boxes on the screen.

People can complain that it makes the game shallow or whatever, but I play ESO because I want to kill Daedra. If I wanted to play Super Data Management Simulator, I would do that instead.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why i need to switch if i want to play with only one type of weapon. like a full dagger character or full bow-man char. Why can't have my 12 abilities on my screen..

Nice game design.

Bored..

You could have two of the same weapon...generally speaking but you're also not limited.

If one set of skills are for a weapon choice...there is only a few active abilities per weapon, then use the other bar for class skills. Then maybe grab a shield or whatever weapon so u can swap

Don't gimp yourself...work around it to get what u want
    I've never played with you but if you're only using one weapon, you'll run into trouble as some encounters tend to go better at a distance while others go better close
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭

Nice game design.

Bored..

This comment falls into a family of comments I call, "Why can't game developers design a game for millions of people around my own personal preferences?"

You would like 12 abilities. Another person I'm sure would like two dozen, while some want 100 or more, and others still might prefer only 1. The number of available abilities in ESO is a foundational and defining characteristic of the game. Their goal for the game is to draw the player into the game so that they will experience what is happening in the world. They decided memorizing rotations and staring at cooldowns isn't very immersive, and therefore they severely limited the number of active abilities a player has available to draw the player's focus from hotbar rotations and cool downs to the action taking place center stage.

You say switching a bow for a bow is stupid. I'm inclined to agree, as I think you are wasting potential. However, that they allow you to swap a bow for a bow is a gift horse you are looking squarely in the mouth. It allows you the ability to do the very thing you claim to want to do, have a dozen bow related abilities available in battle.

The answer to every question that starts, "This other game did this a different way, why doesn't ESO do it that way?", is that ESO is not that other game.
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭
    1 answer : Console

And thus zenimax to lazy to give us the option even tho we wont be matched with xbox and ps4 server , so no unfair advantage.
    v9 Sorcerer
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Molsondry wrote: »

And thus zenimax to lazy to give us the option even tho we wont be matched with xbox and ps4 server , so no unfair advantage.

Its not console, is that the game have action combat. And because all TES games was like this (with even less abilities). Is funny to blame the consoles because TES game is not like wow clone.
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Molsondry wrote: »

Console may be a slight influence, but plenty of players are sick of ability bloat and optimizing through monotonous rotations. Many of us would prefer that they focus on fewer abilities that feel more interesting. Game feel is very important.

Take WoW for example. If you're a warrior, your abilities may have some little animation that plays, but it hardly has any game feel. Meanwhile when I shoot off a Crystal Fragments proc, the visuals and sound effects are so nicely tuned to make it feel like a powerful attack.

Limiting the number of skills a player has access to at one time also promotes great build diversity. Rather than a player having access to everything and having to use it in some perfect, optimal rotation, we're given more freedom by specializing so as to respond to threats in specific and unique ways.

Sometimes less is more.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    All about the VTH! Vampire Templar Healer = never need weapon switch. Easiest build type in the game. You kill enemies really slow but who cares when your immortal !!! High fives!! Nobody ? !! Ok then...
    Edited by BloodStorm on May 31, 2015 8:37PM
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want a Mega-bar of abilities,

but, in a battle, switch a weapon to another weapon,it's usually for adapt you to the circumstance, and if you don't have the necessity, then you will not switch.

But in Eso, you have to "switch" even if you want keep the same type of weapon, only to have access to others skill.. and it's that i find stupid.

You loose time in a battle, to switch, just for see your other skill bar..
    Edited by Hexyl on May 31, 2015 8:53PM
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    BloodStorm wrote: »
    All about the VTH! Vampire Templar Healer = never need weapon switch. Breath of life + extended ritual, inner light, and repentance for passives, elusive mist for mitigation \ evade and Ultimate devouring swarm help with damage \ survival . Structured entropy is nice but Extended ritual buffs breath of life by 30% already. Resto staff spam for magicka when not spamming breath of life. Easiest build in the game you kill enemies really slow but who cares when your immortal !!! High fives!! Nobody ? !! Ok then...

The thread is about the OP's supposition that the developers have a favorite class, and that class is Templar. You share a build concept with a sequence of abilities you claim make the build unkillable. Are we to take it that your point is that is evidence that supports the contention that Templar is the teacher's pet?

Seems like weak evidence to me. First of all, you, yourself state that killing things would take a long time with this build. I don't know of many people who's definition of OP is that it takes forever to kill stuff. Second, I don't buy that it's unkillable. Unkillable where? Open world content? What build isn't unkillable in open world content? Can this build solo all the world bosses? Can this build solo dungeons? Finally, let's assume for a moment that this build is unkillable in all content, is it your contention that this is the only build in the game that is unkillable in all content?

I don't think a high survivablity/low DPS build is proof Templar is their favorite class. In fact, if I were to suspect a class of being favorite, which I don't, I would suspect a class with high DPS/moderate to low survivability. As in nearly all MMORPG situations, DPS = life.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never played with you but if you're only using one weapon, you'll run into trouble as some encounters tend to go better at a distance while others go better close

Some mobs need Silver Bolts.
    For everything else, there's My Sword In Your Face.
    signing off
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Some mobs need Silver Bolts.
    For everything else, there's My Sword In Your Face.

Haha. Nice
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BACON
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fewer abilities seems to be a stamp for Action rpgs,have played many action rpgs and they all have that in common.I love the combat of eso and their skills bars.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not your face, literally. Obviously.

I do wish there were some way to negotiate an extra skill slot of two by giving up your Ultimate abilities and accumulation, though. I just don't use Ultimate enough to merit it always taking up a slot.
    signing off
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might seem like you don't want or need weapon swap, but give it a try anyway.

I thought the same the first time I encountered a game with weapon swapping. I knew what type of character I was playing, I knew what weapon they'd use and that was that. But since I had those slots available, and since my chosen weapon was melee only, I threw a ranged weapon I got as a drop into the second slot and it was surprising how often I came to use it.

Since then I've found I actually find it frustrating in games when I can't weapon swap - whether it's like ESO with designated slots for 2+ weapon sets or like Skyrim where you can simply equip anything from your inventory during combat. Even if 99% of the time you're using one weapon sooner or later having an alternative will come in useful.

The most common for me is playing melee and needing to kill something I can't reach or needing to pull an enemy towards me, which is easier to do with ranged weapons. You might have someone with you who can do that, but if not (or if they're an NPC and just stand there waiting for something to hit them) having an alternative weapon is useful.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jroc
    Jroc
    ✭✭✭
    The second bar wasn't only to allow weapon switching but to allow other abilities to be used. The devs don't want people to have 12 abilities at once even when using the same weapon. This wasn't something that was overlook but was intended.
    It's all good Bollywood
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's a nice design and I like it.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's a nice design and I like it.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    because the Mega-bar of ability clickies is dead, this is ESO!
    no more do we have a solid stripe of buttons across the screen somewhere, or a little block graph we switch back & forth to another set of 12 skills... (lookin at you LOTRO & STO)

I was like you for a few minutes, "oh but where are my skills?"
    & then I noticed how much better five active skills plus ultimate is!
    less really IS more

I'm not looking at the skill bar, I'm watching my character kick the ass.
    :)
    ^ this ^
    100% agreement.