Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[console] ESO plus with pre-paid cards?

Earelith
Earelith
✭✭✭
I need a confirmation here :) I sent a ticket 2 weeks ago asking if I can use the pre-paid 2-month game cards sold in local stores to add ESO plus in console..the answer from ZOS was that they were not sure and they told me to ask again when we are closer to release :)

qeV3UyT.png

So I am asking again, if I buy pre-paid game cards from local gaming stores, will I be able to sign in ESO plus on console. It works on PC, I just don't know if it will work on console or if I must buy from PS store.

Thanks.
Edited by Earelith on May 31, 2015 6:07PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it won't work.
    The transactions will have to occur in the Sony or Xbox system stores.
    FYI the options aren't in the stores yet on each console so maybe that explains the lack of responses.

If you want to do a pre-paid card, buy a currency card for the console that you'll be playing on.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    My problem is not the payment method, but my local store here sell the 2-month card for 16 euro..(and is a very legal shop :) ).
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you understand.

No game cards that exist will work on a console game.

Your options are:
    -buy on the console
    -buy a monetary gift card for the console
    -don't buy ESO plus
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf I understood you from the first post, I just answered to that part of your post
    If you want to do a pre-paid card, buy a currency card for the console that you'll be playing on.
    . I thought that you assumed that my problem is I cannot use credit card to buy online, but my reason is that I found what I want cheaper. Anyway thanks for answering
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know OP. They have confirmed the game is fully integrated in the PSN store so you will definitely be able to get ESO Plus the same way you get PS Plus through the PSN store. Whether you will be able to still purchase ESO Plus membership through ZOS directly using the game cards I don't think they have confirmed yet. Hope you get an answer.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cards are only for Mac/PC
    These cards do not apply towards either console

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/elder-scrolls-online-the-elder-scrolls-online-60-day-subscription-card-multicolor/5138201.p?id=1219111162041&skuId=5138201

Under technical specs:
    Compatible Platform(s)
    Mac/Windows

Card Format
    Physical Gift Card
    Card Type
    Video game card
    Redeemable Online
    Yes
    Activation Method
    Internet Required
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf thought those are the one's all Gamestop stores sent back. I will have to check Best buy out.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf thought those are the one's all Gamestop stores sent back. I will have to check Best buy out.

Me too but locally BestBuy and Target have a lot. Weird but yeah