The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kiosks: The NEW Rawl'kha? (NA-AD)

BatOutta
BatOutta
Soul Shriven
Finally, there's another huge trading hub where you don't have to bid 5 Million to get a kiosk!

Craglorn (Belkarth) kiosks are doing as much as 30,000,000++ in weekly revenue with bids ranging from dirt cheap to a million at the most (sales tax actually covers bids there, what a concept!). That's pretty surprising, considering players have to be VR1+ to visit.

Would love to see a few more quality kiosks to shop at there!

Curious to see if any of the Rawl'kha guilds are going to move. That could bring rawl kiosk prices down too! Either way, it's a good thing for trade guilds looking for a major hub to be in.

• wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything being equal, you would expect the popularity of kiosks to shift with the average level of the playerbase. So you would expect Craglorn kiosks to become the more popular one as players hit vet ranks. But everything is not equal. Kiosk locations like Rawl'kha are in great spots. You know what they say...location, location, location.

Anyone who wants to spend the time could measure the distances of kiosks from the nearest bank and waystation and perhaps level of the zone and number of quests in the area/quest hub in the immediate area and then calculate which kiosks locations should be among the most desirable. I wouldn't be surprised if Rawl'kha came out on top.

I'm assuming that's what the number crunchers at ZOS did when they decided where to put kiosk groups. If someone at ZOS came out and said they just threw darts at a map of Tamriel to decide where to put kiosks, I would be disappointed. ;)
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's funny how NA and EU are so different. In EU Belkarth are the real big traders, people losing their traders with bids of 2.5 million gold per week. Rawl'kha is big too but nowhere near on the level of Belkarth on EU.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BatOutta wrote: »
    Finally, there's another huge trading hub where you don't have to bid 5 Million to get a kiosk!

Craglorn (Belkarth) kiosks are doing as much as 30,000,000++ in weekly revenue with bids ranging from dirt cheap to a million at the most (sales tax actually covers bids there, what a concept!). That's pretty surprising, considering players have to be VR1+ to visit.

Curious to see if any of the Rawl'kha guilds are going to move. That could bring rawl kiosk prices down too! Either way, it's a good thing for trade guilds looking for a major hub to be in.

I think Rawl'kha guilds are having success in Rawl'kha and will stay there.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only go to Belkarth when I can't find what I need in Reaper's, which is seldom. And it usually isn't in Craglorn either.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until this post and now every guild is going to try to bid there. B)
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭

Strange situation u have on NA, on EU belkarth/rawl was both top spots since 1.3, when we had trading community web (before ZOS banned their admins) top 1(sometimes top 2) trading guild with statistics was in crag, top 2 (sometimes top 1 in rawl), top 3 in crag, top 4/5 in rawl and so on. Each week sells on activity period reaching 70-80M each week in our guild, on dead period like now at least 45-55M all the time and my last month bids each week was like 6-7M (biggest bid in rawl was 4M), so quite opposite situation on EU megaserver :)

P.S. Said all of this just to show that craglorn is a great trading spot, u just need to put high quality guilds there and do some clever marketing moves.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Everything being equal, you would expect the popularity of kiosks to shift with the average level of the playerbase. So you would expect Craglorn kiosks to become the more popular one as players hit vet ranks. But everything is not equal. Kiosk locations like Rawl'kha are in great spots. You know what they say...location, location, location.

Anyone who wants to spend the time could measure the distances of kiosks from the nearest bank and waystation and perhaps level of the zone and number of quests in the area/quest hub in the immediate area and then calculate which kiosks locations should be among the most desirable. I wouldn't be surprised if Rawl'kha came out on top.

I'm assuming that's what the number crunchers at ZOS did when they decided where to put kiosk groups. If someone at ZOS came out and said they just threw darts at a map of Tamriel to decide where to put kiosks, I would be disappointed. ;)

Craglorn Kiosks aren't 2 steps away from the bank. That's why.

Actually, come to think about it, just about everything in Rawl'Kha is 2 steps away from the bank. Probably why it's so popular.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire bidding on kiosks system is rigged so the rich get richer. Why would we want one of the worst parts of real life in a fantasy MMO?
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    This entire bidding on kiosks system is rigged so the rich get richer. Why would we want one of the worst parts of real life in a fantasy MMO?

Rich always get richer, that's how things work, you cant change it, any system will bring "rich get richer".
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl Kha has so much going for it. the shrine is a few feet from all 5 traders and the bank, all the crafting stations and stables are outside and thus the only cell is the bank meaning few loading screens. its a fairly small town so what you do need to travel between is close, it has few walls so moving in and out of the town is fast.

though I swear im getting tired of hearing "this one sentences you to the stocks, until such time as you show proper repentance!"
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

really? lol you wrong
    look at this bid in craglorn
    and its not too much i saw up to 4m

S9GtyYb.jpg

in RAwlkha - max 2m bid
  • BatOutta
    BatOutta
    Soul Shriven
    QuadroTony wrote: »

really? lol you wrong
    look at this bid in craglorn
    and its not too much i saw up to 4m

S9GtyYb.jpg

in RAwlkha - max 2m bid

You must be on EU, not NA lol. I'm in 3 Rawl guilds and they're bidding 3-5 million a week, while the Craglorn guild I'm in got theirs for under 500k and there's a few really crappy stores there who likely paid a LOT less. Hell, one of my Rawl guilds lost a 4,000,000+ bid a few weeks ago.
    Edited by BatOutta on May 31, 2015 9:54AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »

War is one of the worst parts of real life. Why do we actually look for it in 99% of our fantasy games and worlds ?

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol why on US ppl didnt know - best profit only in craglorn

thats why on EU this city costs alot more per week that rawlkha
  • amigoNUMBER1
    amigoNUMBER1
    Soul Shriven
    Wing wrote: »
    Though I swear im getting tired of hearing "this one sentences you to the stocks, until such time as you show proper repentance!"

It's our CITIZENS OF DALARAN!