The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice on Armor Sets

Zaldoras
Zaldoras
✭✭✭
Hi guys. I'm approaching V14 and I'm looking for some help and advice on what armor and sets to use for a primarily PvE, secondarily PvP setup. I'm a Sorc and want to use 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passive. Here is what I'm thinking of right now as it should be easy for me to get:

4x Martial Knowledge
3x Torug's Pact
2x Adroitness
2x Cyrodiil's Light

At the moment I'm using Destro/Resto, but I'm thinking of switching out the Destro for Dual Wield since it looks like it adds extra spell power, but I'm still unsure since I'd be dropping Force Pulse which is what I mostly use to proc C-Frags. Other abilities I'm using at the moment are Structured Entropy, Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Shooting Star.

Questions:
Which pieces should be Medium/Heavy?
What enchants and attributes do you think would be best to get a decent amount of health and a large amount of magicka?
What traits for the Torugs armor/weps? I've heard of this new Nirnhoned and not sure just how useful it is.
What traits are good to have for the other sets?
Is there a better alternative to these sets that's still relatively easy to get?

Any help on what I should use is appreciated as I've only recently returned to the game so a lot of things are new or changed.

Final question - Any news if a race and appearance change is planned for the Crown store?

Thanks.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe all of the Martial Knowledge and Adroitness armor you get will be light. So if you end up with 5 light armor from there then build the heavy/medium for your torug's set.

You should try out that gear setup first and then you will know which areas you need help in to off set with the enchants. Probably Magicka and Health as well as some return(magicka or health) enchants for the weapons.

You can never go wrong with Infused or Divines for armor enchants.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned in Torug's is a very good choice for both armor and weapons. Try to put two or three. First on main weapon because it gives both spell resistance and penetration.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldoras wrote: »
    Which pieces should be Medium/Heavy?
    Obviously, the crafted ones (Torug's Pact). One of each (medium and heavy).
  • Zaldoras
    Zaldoras
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, for that question I meant which of Head/Shoulders/Chest/Arms/Legs/Boots. I know the rings will be Cyrodiil's Light, the Necklace and Sash will be Adroitness, and the weapons will be Torugs, but is there an optimal setup for the Martial and Torugs armor pieces, or doesn't it matter?