The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Farming areas [mats]

dafox187
dafox187
✭✭✭
where are the best AD and [cold habour] areas to farm mats [all but my favorites are equipment ones but i need all of them] i need to get lots of mats

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two locations in Auridon which are amazing for farming Rawhide/Topgrain, Glister Vale and Shattered Grove.

I would suggest however that in general you use a relatively simple concept for farming mats: Go where players don't visit much, ie where there seem to be fewer quests and less interesting things. This tends to be the coast such as the area between the college and North Beacon or Glister Vale to Smugglers Cove in Auridon. North of Gilvardelle to Redfur or north of the Ossuary in Grahtwood etc. It's a matter of finding generally unvisited areas. I use this method to farm stretches between wayshrines across Tamriel. I leave plenty of materials around since I'm basically moving from one Wayshrine to another across the Region Quest Paths farming to a set number of raw material (50 usually).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    There are two locations in Auridon which are amazing for farming Rawhide/Topgrain, Glister Vale and Shattered Grove.

I would suggest however that in general you use a relatively simple concept for farming mats: Go where players don't visit much, ie where there seem to be fewer quests and less interesting things. This tends to be the coast such as the area between the college and North Beacon or Glister Vale to Smugglers Cove in Auridon. North of Gilvardelle to Redfur or north of the Ossuary in Grahtwood etc. It's a matter of finding generally unvisited areas. I use this method to farm stretches between wayshrines across Tamriel. I leave plenty of materials around since I'm basically moving from one Wayshrine to another across the Region Quest Paths farming to a set number of raw material (50 usually).

thanks for the info

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding mobs is the best way to get equipment mats. You'll pick up plenty of stuff to decon which gives a wide variety of mats. This way you'll also get lvl experience and decon experience. When you decon (depending on your crafting lvl) you'll get 2-3 of a particular mat. In high density areas you can fill your inventory with things to decon in a matter of minutes. Just pick up everything.

Find the level mob for what your looking for. skeevers, wolfs, etc. give plenty of med armor mats directly.

The only mats that require traditional farming are alchemy, nirncrux and occasionally kutas.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 28, 2015 1:29PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]