The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy writ's too high to craft.

Cobrasai
Cobrasai
Soul Shriven
Can someone advise me as to what I have done here:

My toon is level 30
Alchemy is level 30
Solvent is 4/6 able to craft potions up to level 40.

So the previous day Alchemy was level 22 and solvent was 3/6. I received a writ that required me to make a potion that required solvent 4/6. To be able to put a skill point into solvent to get 4/6 required alchemy level 30.

So I grinded it up to level 30. Got solvent 4/6 made my potion and handed in the writ.

Today the same problem. Now the writ requires a solvent of the next bracket 40-50 or solvent 5/6.

So it's now at a point where I do not posses the alchemy skill level to craft the writ and if I grind up to the next bracket to caft it, I am sure the writ will do the same thing.

I am not seeing the same problem with Blacksmithing or Provisioning. Both of those writs are falling within the skill level of the crafting skills.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only been doing Alchemy writs on my L50 Alchemist with 6/6 Solvent. Sorry haven't leveled a new alchemist lately to check your results.

From the current Skills/Solvent Levels you're right that shouldn't be happening.

Alchemy Skill Level / Solvent Level / Potion Level
    L1 / L1 / L3
    L10 / L2 / L10
    L20 / L3 / L20
    L30 / L4 / L30
    L40 / L5 / L40
    L48 / L6 / VR1+VR10

UNLESS for some reason the Alchemy Skill after the set point (22) is pushing the Writ into the next solvent level. I would bug it to see if ZOS agrees if working as intended and new info we need to pass to others or an actual bug.

I know provisioning isn't doing that set point jump either.

If any consolation, you don't have to make the Potion yourself, you just have to have it to turn in. And if you are already stuck at 5/6, just buy some cheap green potions with proper level and finish it out to 48 or 50.

You only need 80(73) (Plus acct) for L30-L40 and 81(74) for L40-L48. Only need L47 for Chemistry III (+3 production)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am doing all levels of Alchemy Writs and they are appropriate to the Solvent Level. I would /bug this in game.

And, ask for a Respec if you don't want to do L4 Writs, but I would do L4's as they are a steady supply of Filtered Water which is hard to get if your not on level for it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cobrasai
    Cobrasai
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much for those responses. I will bug notify. And what a /facepalm of course I can just buy the pots and hand them in, I didn't even think of that. Thanks again :)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cobrasai wrote: »
    Thank you very much for those responses. I will bug notify. And what a /facepalm of course I can just buy the pots and hand them in, I didn't even think of that. Thanks again :)

I'm not sure people actually sell potions but I might be wrong. You can probably ask other players for help though
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread