Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
How do I find the program that's stopping the launcher?
My launcher took an age to load up - the play button never lit up. I could run the game from the ESO file but I just couldn't get the launcher to give me a "play"button.
Having looked for answers in this forum I tried 2 things:
1. I changed the system configuration to a selective start up - load system services but not start up items
2. and after the restart I changed the launcher compatibility to be compatible to windows 7 (by default it was set to XP service pack 3)
Doing this results in the launcher seeming to function properly.
If I understand this correctly, it means I've got some background program that when I don't use a selective start up, loads up on start up and interferes with the launcher? Am I correct?
If this is the case, can anyone suggest how I find which of the programs it is?
I'm currently running my pc in selective start up - and without my AVG (free) running. I've tried turning on the AVG in this situation and the launcher works OK - so I don't think its the AVG.
Any tips about how to find out what the interfering program is, so I can uninstall it, would be great.
I don't know if this is important but rough system specs:
i7 930 (not overclocked)
R9 280 x
gigabyte motherboard - can't remember the type
Win 7 professional
Thanks in advance