The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I gift items from the Crown Store to other players?

michaeljones161b16_ESO
I would like to buy a mount for a friend. Can I buy one from the Crown Shop and send it to him as a gift (like you can with games on Steam, for example)?

Best Answer

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at this time.
    Answer ✓
  • michaeljones161b16_ESO
    Thanks!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If gifting items becomes available, ZOS should just add gold for sale on the crown store. Gifting items from the crown store is just selling crown items for gold.
    Edited by Ackwalan on May 26, 2015 4:23PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If gifting items becomes available, ZOS should just add gold for sale on the crown store. Gifting items from the crown store is just selling crown items form gold.

This is unfortunately why it's not likely to happen.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Gifting were available, I would have bought my father the Sence Panther as an early father's day gift.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If gifting items becomes available, ZOS should just add gold for sale on the crown store. Gifting items from the crown store is just selling crown items for gold.

If you mean that somebody could pay gold or trade items to somebody for crowns or crown store items, what exactly would be the problem? The end result would be ZOS making cash from selling crowns?
    Incorporating real life currency items into the game virtual economy has been successfully done before.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 26, 2015 4:43PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    If Gifting were available, I would have bought my father the Sence Panther as an early father's day gift.

Maybe or maybe not this is a possibility, but log into your dad's account, buy the crowns then purchase the mount for him and then send in game mail on fathers day and say look in you mount collections Happy Father's Day!

an extra note: I wish my dad played video games... how lucky are you?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

If you mean that somebody could pay gold or trade items to somebody for crowns or crown store items, what exactly would be the problem? The end result would be ZOS making cash from selling crowns?
    Incorporating real life currency items into the game virtual economy has been successfully done before.

In games in which "premium" currency and items can be purchased for in-game gold (and the reverse, where in-game gold can be purchased for real money/premium items), the in-game economy always takes a negative hit. Items become obscenely overpriced in order for sellers to be able to purchase "premium" items without having to spend real money, which means that the only people who can afford them are gold-grinders and bots. Your average player can't afford these things so they have to try to earn them themselves, which is not always probable or possible, or they have to cough up real money which is absurd.

Gold-sellers and bots run wild because suddenly the game is extraordinarily profitable, and that drives the economy even further under.

Nothing good comes from the exchange of real money for in-game currency (or the equivalent). This is why items for the Crown Store are no-trade and Crowns cannot be gifted.

Sure, Zenimax may make money, but the game goes to hell in a handbasket and gameplay suffers immeasurably.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer