Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea to make crafting viable endgame: Blueprints -Updated-

le.khang94ub17_ESO
The Problem:
Currently Best in Slot endgame gears are those that dropped from dungeons or undaunted chests, making crafting feel worthless especially those that invested months into training and research.

The Solution:
Blueprints! What are blueprints? They are a new type of crafting material that you get occasionally from deconstructing dropped sets. These one time crafting materials allow you to apply a specific set bonus into your crafts just like what the crafting station do. Note: They are NOT enchants (you do not apply them after making the item).

Restrictions:
  • Each deconstructed blueprints corresponds to their equipment slot and type, i.e. A deconstructed Engine Guardian Helmet only gives a blueprint for a light armor helmet.
  • Each blueprints required a certain amount of traits researched just like crafting stations, the numbers is up to ZoS to decide.
  • -UPDATE- SEE BELOW

What this allows you to do:
  • Change your favorite set with any level, motif, and traits you want.
  • Outleveled your favorite set you found while leveling? Deconstruct for a blueprints and craft a new one!
  • Create a niche market of best in slot gear for lower level players or twinks.
  • Craft best in slot gear without making those that run dungeons for loot feel useless because they are the source of blueprints.
  • Improves upon an existed drop by re-crafting it because all crafted equivalents of drops or quest items are always better.

What you cannot do:
  • Change a set that normally doesn't exist for a slot or type i.e. from Helmet to Belt or Heavy Gloves to Light Gloves
  • Make a profit from your bound gear aside from the usual materials you get from deconstructing.
  • Continuously recycle one blueprint over and over again.

-UPDATE-
There are now two types of blueprints: [Original] and [Copy]. The [Original] stays the same and the [Copy] is a watered down version with its own pros and cons:
  • Pro: You have a 100% chance to get a [Copy] when you deconstruct a crafted set item or an item that is already bound to you.
  • Con: A blueprint [Copy] is bound to you and anything you craft from it is also bound.
  • Con: You cannot change the trait on a blueprint [Copy], only the level and motif.
  • Pro: The [Original] retains the ability to craft for other players, change traits, and trade with other players.
  • Con: The [Original] is a very rare deconstruction item that you can only get from the original drop that is not bound to you.

TL;DR:
A new crafting material that is only obtainable through deconstructing set item. The material can then apply the set bonus to a new craft, similar to crafting stations.
Edited by le.khang94ub17_ESO on May 22, 2015 12:28AM
PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
Saltmaker
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea because it makes all those set pieces with trash random traits actually useful for something.
  • pWn3d_1337
    I wouldn't say that Best in slot is dropped only in dungeons, a few crafted sets are good. Hundings Rage, Histbark and Seducer are good,. Torugs pact, 2/3 parts is good.

There are two weaknesses with crafted sets:
    First: no jewelry, and for optimal gear usage you want every slot to contribute to a set bonus, so you have to choose sets with jewelry and then fill with others.

Second: A lot of useless combinations, bad 5piece bonus, or contradicting 2/3/4 bonus like weapon AND spell damge.
    Only a few sets are often used with 5 parts, Hundings rage (stam dd), Seducer (healer), Histbark (tank)
    But this applies to most sets, also a lot of dopped sets have bad 5piece bonuses.
  • le.khang94ub17_ESO
    pWn3d_1337 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that Best in slot is dropped only in dungeons, a few crafted sets are good. Hundings Rage, Histbark and Seducer are good,. Torugs pact, 2/3 parts is good.
    That is true especially in Torug's Pact case, but if we delve deeper, ZoS won't make most of the crafting station being best in slot because it would make running pledges and trials useless, this idea changes that.
    pWn3d_1337 wrote: »
    There are two weaknesses with crafted sets:
    First: no jewelry, and for optimal gear usage you want every slot to contribute to a set bonus, so you have to choose sets with jewelry and then fill with others.
    Second: A lot of useless combinations, bad 5piece bonus, or contradicting 2/3/4 bonus like weapon AND spell damge.
    Only a few sets are often used with 5 parts, Hundings rage (stam dd), Seducer (healer), Histbark (tank)
    But this applies to most sets, also a lot of dopped sets have bad 5piece bonuses.
    Yeah but this is only because it was made before 1.5, ZoS could change the bonuses but I feel like it would lose variety and flavors as every dps set would just be Max magicka/stam and Spell/Weapon damage.
    PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
    Saltmaker
  • Marenne
    Marenne
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to say , just a awesome idea.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I see that ZOS will not like about this is you would then be able to recreate the item from the trial or end game dungeon with any trait. This would give the player the freedom to change monster sets from one trait to another which makes rerunning the dungeon pointless other than for the daily pledge. They want people to finally get that Helm they want but with the wrong armor/trait so you keep doing it over and over.

I don't run dungeons for the gear drops because IMO the rewards aren't worth it. I only run the dungeons when they are the daily pledges.

This is a great idea that unfortunately I don't see ZOS implementing.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, to be in line with EVE Online we need two blueprints - Original and Copy. Original can be recycled forever and Copy can be recycled for some preset number of times. Also, we need new profession who can craft Copy blueprint from sets while Original will be sold in crown store only :)
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • le.khang94ub17_ESO
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    The problem I see that ZOS will not like about this is you would then be able to recreate the item from the trial or end game dungeon with any trait. This would give the player the freedom to change monster sets from one trait to another which makes rerunning the dungeon pointless other than for the daily pledge. They want people to finally get that Helm they want but with the wrong armor/trait so you keep doing it over and over.

I don't run dungeons for the gear drops because IMO the rewards aren't worth it. I only run the dungeons when they are the daily pledges.

This is a great idea that unfortunately I don't see ZOS implementing.

Most of the set pieces have a static trait, and also this problem can be resolved by making blueprints a rare (same chance as extracting a temper/resin/tannin) deconstruction returns so if they are unlucky trying to deconstruct it, well they have to run it again don't they?
    PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
    Saltmaker
  • le.khang94ub17_ESO
    vovus69 wrote: »
    Well, to be in line with EVE Online we need two blueprints - Original and Copy. Original can be recycled forever and Copy can be recycled for some preset number of times. Also, we need new profession who can craft Copy blueprint from sets while Original will be sold in crown store only :)
    Haha I was thinking about EVE Online and how original and copies could work but sadly the crafting system is just way too different.
    Edit: I just updated to incorporate the Original and Copy system, enjoy!
    Edited by le.khang94ub17_ESO on May 22, 2015 12:27AM
    PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
    Saltmaker
  • Dweebert
    Dweebert
    ✭✭
    Awesome Idea. Put them as a possible reward for crafting writs.. :)\
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. But I see no point limiting the armor type to original. If for some build a medium helmet is better than light hat, then let the crafter change it. E.g. Undaunted Unweaver and Infiltrator are so wrong types...

There is also potential inventory problem. Let us research blueprints to lear them permanently. There is nothing more to research currently. These could repurpose researching. Learning a full set would take months, but if the set is good crafters could after few months research produce them for masses, when they are "so last season" for progression guilds.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me more of Arcanum than ESO already does :wink:
  • le.khang94ub17_ESO
    helediron wrote: »
    Good idea. But I see no point limiting the armor type to original. If for some build a medium helmet is better than light hat, then let the crafter change it. E.g. Undaunted Unweaver and Infiltrator are so wrong types...

There is also potential inventory problem. Let us research blueprints to lear them permanently. There is nothing more to research currently. These could repurpose researching. Learning a full set would take months, but if the set is good crafters could after few months research produce them for masses, when they are "so last season" for progression guilds.

Limiting it to a type to keep people from making overpowered sets that ZoS never intended. For example, if Storm Knight/Elf Bane is converted to Light then people can combine it with Martial Knowledge or those two for some insane spell damage.

If anything I thought this would reduce inventory because people can deconstruct set items and stack the identical blueprints.
    PS4 NA DC @Saltmaker94
    Saltmaker
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Limiting it to a type to keep people from making overpowered sets that ZoS never intended. For example, if Storm Knight/Elf Bane is converted to Light then people can combine it with Martial Knowledge or those two for some insane spell damage. ...snip...
    But, but, exactly what i was going to do...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone