The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Returning User: Patching Speed = DialUp. Why?

Ekadzati
Ekadzati
✭✭✭
Seriously, I've been patching since 11am and am only at 20%. I am an unlimited (truly unlimited) user who usually gets 70ish mbps (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4377068309) and I be danged if this patch every gets over 1.5 KB/S (that's 0.012 mbps... sigh).

Why is this still an issue well over a year after launch? Also, why do you not provide people who choose your monthly plans with a link for speedier patching? :(
Registration date: November 2013
Geek since 1974.
Girl Gamer since 1976.
Granny since 2014.
Gut shooter since forever.
Don't say you weren't warned.
(Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I usually get 120-180kb's due to living in a rural area. I was having that issue, but it fluctuated between the same 1.5 you were getting and about 25kb's and occasionally gave me the web request failed error. I just kept pushing it and it got past the first 34.5mb (I think) of the patch and finally sped up to my full speed. It's a pain the butt, but if you get past that first part it should speed up if it doesn't, let it go over night while you're asleep if you can, that way it can sort it self out.
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that it has to do more with ESO's network contracts and whatever QOS scheme their provider is using.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    If you do a IPv4 lookup on their IP you can see who it is running through possibly or a tracert might show the information

here is the ESO IP information

account.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.198.131
    live-services.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.198.110
    public-test.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.205.74
    pts-services.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.205.71
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tashira wrote: »
    If you do a IPv4 lookup on their IP you can see who it is running through possibly or a tracert might show the information

here is the ESO IP information

account.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.198.131
    live-services.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.198.110
    public-test.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.205.74
    pts-services.elderscrollsonline.com - 198.20.205.71

That doesn't apply to everyone. I never download files from any of ZOS's servers. I have dsl and get capped at 7mb/s when downloading patch but that's through the cdn.

Op should do a traceroute and pathping to whichever server he is downloading the files from to see whether it is Comcast or ZOS or ZOS's cdn's fault.