Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus and DLC question

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello @ZOS,

How is DLC going to work when you buy the DLC while unsubscribed, and then re-subscribe to get the research reduction time when new traits are added, and then unsubscribe when those are researches are done? Since I bought the DLC prior to subscription, is my account information going to register how a DLC pack was obtained? That is what I am planning on doing, in my opinion, the research time bonus is the only thing worth while in ESO Plus.

Thank you for your time.
NA Server - Kildair
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased the DLC, you will always have it. No matter if you subscribe and unsubscribe.

The only DLC that goes away is the DLC you have NOT purchased, but have access to while subscribed.
    Edited by MissBizz on May 20, 2015 8:47PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    Most MMOs that you buy you keep, so I'd assume ESO will be the same.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    If you purchased the DLC, you will always have it. No matter if you subscribe and unsubscribe.

The only DLC that goes away if the DLC you have NOT purchased, but have access to while subscribed.

THIS^. If you've used crowns to purchase DLC it's your's forever.

If you had Dl it for free (because you subbed) it's not yours and will not be available when you unsub.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 20, 2015 8:47PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I expected would be the case. The main thing is I'm wondering how ZOS will have it noted in the account. I can see this being a problem when the time comes for it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    That's what I expected would be the case. The main thing is I'm wondering how ZOS will have it noted in the account. I can see this being a problem when the time comes for it.
    Can't say for sure, but I would imagine a DLC purchased from the Crown Store will go into the Collections screen (like Any Race, Any Alliance), and the game will either look for that, or for ESO Plus.

For example, let's take Wrothgar:
    if ((hasPurchasedWrothgar == TRUE) or (isPlusMember == TRUE)) then
         WrothgarAccess = 1
    else
         WrothgarAccess = 0
    end

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Can't say for sure, but I would imagine a DLC purchased from the Crown Store will go into the Collections screen (like Any Race, Any Alliance), and the game will either look for that, or for ESO Plus.

WrothgarAccess = 1
    else
         WrothgarAccess = 0
    end

Doesn't that statement set both a purchase and plus member to 1 so it would be taken away when the isPlusMember == FALSE? If your on ESO Plus, you don't "buy" the DLC as it's considered "rented". So wouldn't something like the below work?

if ((hasPurchasedWrothgar == FALSE) and (isPlusMember == TRUE)) then
    WrothgarAccess = 0 (which would give temporary access to DLC)
    else
    WrothgarAccess = 1 (which would give permanent access to DLC)
    end

It's been a while since I played with this kind of stuff so don't quote me....
    Edited by Robbmrp on May 21, 2015 2:52PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We can't speak to the exact code, but it works the way @MissBizz described.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WrothgarAccess = 1
    else
         WrothgarAccess = 0
    end

Doesn't that statement set both a purchase and plus member to 1 so it would be taken away when the isPlusMember == FALSE? If your on ESO Plus, you don't "buy" the DLC as it's considered "rented". So wouldn't something like the below work?

else
    end

Sorry, maybe I should have clarified that WrothgarAccess = 1 means "you have access to the DLC" and WrothgarAccess = 0 means "you don't have access to the DLC". Temporary and Permanent isn't relevant here, it's either "Access" or "No Access". So if you're an ESO Plus member, which is temporary, then WrothgarAccess = 1; if you've purchased the DLC, which is permanent, then WrothgarAccess = 1; if you have not purchased Wrothgar and are not a Plus member, then WrothgarAccess = 0.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »

We can't speak to the exact code, but it works the way @MissBizz described.

Thank you @ZOS_GaryA for the information.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WrothgarAccess = 1
    else
         WrothgarAccess = 0
    end

else
    end

Sorry, maybe I should have clarified that WrothgarAccess = 1 means "you have access to the DLC" and WrothgarAccess = 0 means "you don't have access to the DLC". Temporary and Permanent isn't relevant here, it's either "Access" or "No Access". So if you're an ESO Plus member, which is temporary, then WrothgarAccess = 1; if you've purchased the DLC, which is permanent, then WrothgarAccess = 1; if you have not purchased Wrothgar and are not a Plus member, then WrothgarAccess = 0.

gotcha
    NA Server - Kildair