The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Tamriel Unlimited New Players Guides

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been working through a new series of videos for folks to run through covering things to do, mechanics, and other useful information. This is geared more toward casuals snd does have spoilers, however I go through a lot pretty quickly.

Also sorry for the rough edits. I did have some crashing during this, some being the Antivirus scan running at 12am midnight and then some other random ones that I can only assume is a ZOS conspiracy to make leveling up a lowbie difficult. And if you're wondering about the cat in the lower left corner, it's just stealing your soul, give it no concern.

Here is a link to the playlist

Here are some of the first videos. More will be added as I get time to edit them.

Notes and Disclaimer - This series does contain swearing, nothing malicious but keep in mind this is a mature game and I have a dirty mouth. Also the audio on 9-12 is a bit out of balanced since I had to use a boost, so reduce the volume as needed. sorry on that

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #1 (Character Creation)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #2 (Starting City)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #3 (Starter Island)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #4 (Returning to the City)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #5 (Traveling anywhere in your Alliance)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #6 (Crafting)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #7 (Stealing)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #8 (Delves, Dolmens, and Questing)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #9 (Main Quests, Public Dungeon)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #10 (What to Save What the Sell)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #11 (Addons)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #12 (Non-Vet PVP)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #13 (PVP Gear, Siege, & Vet PVP)

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited New Player Guide #14 (Parties and Guilds)*

Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited: For Returning Players*

Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was really nice of you to do
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    This was really nice of you to do

The more the community improves the more the game does =3. I added 3 more videos (crafting, stealing, and some questing and delving) and I will have 3 more up sometime tonight (what to keep, addons, and low level pvp part1). I will continue on with this a little more (low level pvp part 2) and then I will probably start some dungeon guides =3
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is awesome, @heroofnoneb14_ESO!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff! Will bookmark and throw out links when new players have questions! :)
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
    Options
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @heroofnoneb14_ESO,

I echo @ZOS_GinaBruno 's comment, and gave you another well-deserved Awesome vote. Your Tamriel Unlimited New User Guide is truly B)Awesome! B)

Thanks and o:)Kudos! o:) You are a Community Hero.

I shared your post with my guild, The Elder Sages' Guild (TESG) in our Guild Forums on our guild web site, eldersagesguild.enjin.com.

@AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, @heroofnoneb14_ESO!

Thanks, though feel a little bad at the edit quality, I would love to raid the ZOS graphics department that does ESO live =P
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    @heroofnoneb14_ESO,

I echo @ZOS_GinaBruno 's comment, and gave you another well-deserved Awesome vote. Your Tamriel Unlimited New User Guide is truly B)Awesome! B)

Thanks and o:)Kudos! o:) You are a Community Hero.

I shared your post with my guild, The Elder Sages' Guild (TESG) in our Guild Forums on our guild web site, eldersagesguild.enjin.com.

Alright, remember I have a couple more coming and if there are any other questions you feel new players need answered let me know =3
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-12 added but the audio is a bit loud at times due to volume boosting. I recommend listening at 50%-25% if needed. sorry on that, not a pro with the edits =s
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added in 13-14 and a small message for returning players. this will probably be it for this series (and this character) unless folks have other questions.

Next series to be worked on:
    Dungeons (all 16 normal + 9 veteran)
    Trials (guides to trials fights as well as their hard modes)
    Roles (an interview series with tanks, healers, and DPS)
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little tip about Alchemy. If you pick a plant and haven't learned the first trait, you can learn it by using/consuming the plant and that also will provide a small amount of inspiration. It won't work on any slot other than the first one.
    Options
  • peteed1985
    Video 10 is video 8? Might wanna fix that.
    Edited by peteed1985 on March 24, 2015 10:39AM
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peteed1985 wrote: »
    Video 10 is video 8? Might wanna fix that.

Thanks, updated
    Options
  • Artfulpob
    Artfulpob
    Soul Shriven
    MAny thanks @HeroOfNone
    I'm just working my way throught the videos while I'm slowly downloading the game....
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GJ Hero
    Options
  • yoco007
    yoco007
    This will be very helpful for a new player such as myself :D Thank you!
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that talking cat.

epic.

much win.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Khajiit in AD faction: -1

Seriously though, appreciate the effort!
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • RBLeipzig
    RBLeipzig
    I'm not very good in English but I thank you for these guides that will help me start the game in the best condition!
    Options
  • Ajjat
    Ajjat
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this, I'll be sure to have a watch later I've pretty much just been learning as I go, completing quests and such.

P.S. I have a couple questions if anyone can answer them?

Q. Does anyone know if there are clans out there which you can join PURELY to trade your wares?

Q. Is there any way to force the chat box to stay visible? I often start reading something and then it vanishes unless i stop and press enter to speak opening it up.

Cheers guys,

Ajjat.
    Joined May 2015
    Looking forward to many exciting adventures!
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajjat wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I'll be sure to have a watch later I've pretty much just been learning as I go, completing quests and such.

Q. Does anyone know if there are clans out there which you can join PURELY to trade your wares?

Q. Is there any way to force the chat box to stay visible? I often start reading something and then it vanishes unless i stop and press enter to speak opening it up.

Cheers guys,

Ajjat.

1. Yup. Trade guilds, best way to look them up I see is to see who has a guild kiosk in a major city.
    2. Not sure on this, check eso UI and there may be a mod for it
    Options
  • Ajjat
    Ajjat
    Soul Shriven
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Ajjat wrote: »

Cheers guys,

Ajjat.

1. Yup. Trade guilds, best way to look them up I see is to see who has a guild kiosk in a major city.
    2. Not sure on this, check eso UI and there may be a mod for it

Thanks HeroOfNone I'll do that when I'm next on :)
    Joined May 2015
    Looking forward to many exciting adventures!
    Options