Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People keep getting angry with me in game... ?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
Players keep asking for help killing world bosses, dungeons, etc... and I keep telling them to use the Looking for Group tool and they get mad at me. I mean I've seen the message while zoning several times that says "Powerful creatures reside in the wilderness of Tamriel, use the group finder tool to call for help" or something similar.

Confused....
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    The LFG tool does not work and hasn't done since launch. It's a poor substitute for socially asking for help in a social MMO chat.
    Likely why they get mad at you. I would either offer to port to them and help or just carry on with what you were doing. The LFG tool can sometimes be used to find a group for pledges or to do tiered dungeons but you'll be waiting an hour or more to make a group. That's just my experience.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    They are getting mad at you because instead of helping them, or staying quiet you are being unhelpful
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your intentions are good, unfortunately they aren't entirely practical for two reasons:

First, there are issues with the group finder tool, have been for some time now. It's not entirely broken but it's nowhere near what you could call optimal.
    Second, issues with the lfg tool aside, for open world content like dolmens or world bosses it's usually easier and faster to just call out in /zone and get help on the fly rather than queue up the group finder and wait to form a group.

Telling folks to use the lfg tool every time they need quick help is like saying "google it" anytime somebody needs a question answered. It doesn't always go over well.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    The LFG tool does not work and hasn't done since launch. It's a poor substitute for socially asking for help in a social MMO chat.
    The grouping tool worked at launch and several months after.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one wants to spend an hour waiting in the LFG tool when they can get help for a WB in 1 min asking in zone.

As to why they get mad at you? I assume it's because you're giving them an answer they don't want to hear. The LFG tool is perceived as a negative experience by a lot of players (as it can be) so your answer is just perceived the same, negative.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree that if more people use the LFG system, it MIGHT start working.

BUT the LFG system will only 'pop' once it has 4 members who are within 5 levels of each other and 1 healer, 1 tank and 2 dps. (it use to 'pop' as soon as 2 players want to do the same 'thing' but they removed that and changed it to only 'pop' when a full would be formed)

While to do world bosses, most can be done with just 2 people (or 1 if you have some champ points)

So the LFG system is no good for just random dolens or world bosses. Its good for 4 man instances (if your lucky) but for 99% of everything else, its useless, so DON'T recommend something that does not help players in anyway.
    Edited by Natjur on May 19, 2015 9:18PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd dare guess, players get mad at me all the time, as I have chat completely disabled. That is... at least as much as the game will allow.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd dare guess, players get mad at me all the time, as I have chat completely disabled. That is... at least as much as the game will allow.
    I have zone chat removed, but do get random angry tells when I solo a dolmen and some player running to get its mad I did not wait for them.
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You could always minimize it to the side of the screen. :)