Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with mounts

leemather
leemather
Hello all,

Can someone please help me out a little with mounts, just trying to work out wether to get the imperial edition or not on the Xbox.

1) How hard is it to get the money in game to buy a mount from the Stable vendor, buy just playing the game normally (levelling, questing etc)?
2) If I buy a mount from the Crown Store, how many can I use.....as in can I have multiple mounts on the same character with different stats?
3) Is there any difference in mounts other than asthetics?

ta in advance
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) How hard is it to get the money in game to buy a mount from the Stable vendor, buy just playing the game normally (levelling, questing etc)?

A: Not really hard.You should have the money at level 15

2) If I buy a mount from the Crown Store, how many can I use.....as in can I have multiple mounts on the same character with different stats?

A: A mount is an unlock in your collections. It is always accountbound. So once you got a mount on any character, you can sue the same mount on all other character. The stats are called riding skills and have nothing to do with the horse, but everything with the character riding it. So that is soulbound.
    Let's illustrate this with an example. You buy a yellow horse and talk to the stablemaster daily for upgrading the riding skills. When you got it fully skilled and make a new character, that one will have access to the same horse, but will not have the stats. Further. If the first character gets a new mount, he still has the riding skills.

3) Is there any difference in mounts other than asthetics?

A: Nope.

to be honest, the mount is not the main reason to get the imperial edition, but it is the imperial race. Although not needed to be succesfull, it comes with slightly OP racial stats, that would otherwise be unavailable for you. Having the horse from the start is a good addition, but if thats your only reason, you are better off buying a horse from the crownstore.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • leemather
    leemather
    Brill ta for the response

I think I was getting confused with pre 1.6 and post 1.6 mount mechanisms.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

A: Not really hard.You should have the money at level 15
    And if you do it right, you can easily have enough gold for the cheap mount (the 10K one) at level 3 or 4. I wouldn't call it "just playing the game normally" (for that @Ranique is probably right about when you should expect to have the money for it), but by spending an hour or so a day stealing from containers in your starting city (being sneaky about it, mind you, to avoid getting a bounty and getting killed by guards), and selling the proceeds at a fence, you should be able to have 10K in just a couple of days, regardless of the level of your character.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would get the Imperial Edition as even at L15, 10,000 gold is better spent on other things to get your character developed. If nothing else, upgrades for your mount.

Yes, it's possible to have 20K to 30K after the first zone (and starter islands) but that is only if you sell most everything. Most players are deconning like mad for the first 20 or 30 levels if they have any interest in crafting, so getting 10K in cash may not be as easy in that case. I know my first two crafters were broke well into their 20's. Characters that came after and took advantage of the crafting done by the alts? Rich and flush with cash.
    Edited by Nestor on May 19, 2015 9:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Nestor. Early on in the game gold is not just handed out and generally you'll want to use it for improving your character. If $15-20 is no object, give yourself the head start early in the game and get the imperial edition.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial edition is the only way to get the Imperial race. It also gets you a horse right away. However, in the early game you may be so busy collecting things that constantly mounting/unmounting is a PITA. I had the horse and didn't use it much in the early game for this reason. Also, the primary reason for getting a horse is the extra bag space. Later, the speed is nice. The early horse is slow, and even slower if you constantly farm things. But you can train these skills from day one without owning a horse. UrQuan is right, you can easily get gold by selling stolen goods. If you take gold savings out of the equation, the only reason to get the Imperial ed. is for the Imperial race. The horse should not be the deciding factor.
    Edited by Ourorboros on May 19, 2015 8:50PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the Imperial Edition, you also don't need to find the second most expensive Motif in the game to make Imperial Stuff for your characters. Though you need the Motif if your going to sell the Imperial stuff.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you get the Imperial Edition, you also don't need to find the second most expensive Motif in the game to make Imperial Stuff for your characters. Though you need the Motif if your going to sell the Imperial stuff.
    Unless you make an Imperial as your crafter...

But yeah, the decision about whether to get the Imperial Edition shouldn't be based on the horse. It may be a contributing factor in the decision, but if it's just about the horse you're better off taking another route to get a horse. Well, unless you really want your horse to be white.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • leemather
    leemather
    It is just about the horse, I dont really fancy playing a human looking person, Wood Elf, Orc and Kajitt (sorry for spelling) are higher up the pecking order.

I think I will get enough crowns from pre-order and 1st month sub to get a mount rather than the imperial.

ta all for all the advice
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leemather wrote: »
    It is just about the horse, I dont really fancy playing a human looking person, Wood Elf, Orc and Kajitt (sorry for spelling) are higher up the pecking order.

I think I will get enough crowns from pre-order and 1st month sub to get a mount rather than the imperial.

Ah, if you're going to be subbing, then you'll have enough Crowns from just one month worth of subscription to buy a mount - all of the regular horses in the Crown Store cost less than 1500 Crowns. So yeah, just do that :)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Can you sell the stuff your Imperial Makes? I did not think you could, but never tried. My Imperial is my Enchanter/Alchemist/Provisioner and only dabbled in EQ crafting.

Edited by Nestor on May 19, 2015 9:08PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would be better off with the Adventurer Pack (I think it is called that). It lets you play any race in any Alliance, so you are not faction locked based on the race you chose to play.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you sell the stuff your Imperial Makes? I did not think you could, but never tried. My Imperial is my Enchanter/Alchemist/Provisioner and only dabbled in EQ crafting.
    Yup, you can. It's exactly as if you had found and read the Imperial Motif. I send Imperial-style gear to my alts on my second account all the time :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup, you can. It's exactly as if you had found and read the Imperial Motif. I send Imperial-style gear to my alts on my second account all the time :D

No you can't sell converted Imperial items. Just did a check on that. First there is a popup that states items will be bound. I converted some junk, and it is bound.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

No you can't sell converted Imperial items. Just did a check on that. First there is a popup that states items will be bound. I converted some junk, and it is bound.
    I know, but I'm not talking about converted Imperial items. I'm talking about using an Imperial character as your crafter, and crafting the items in the Imperial style using nickel as the style stone. It's exactly the same as if you learned the Imperial motif on a non-Imperial character.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

My advice for a subber would be to get a three month sub. This means you pay the sub once every three months, but get 4500 crowns at the start of every three months. all accounts also get 500 gems to start with. So that will net total 500 gems. That will give you enough to get a horse (900 gems) AND the adventurers pack. This pack contains CE treasure maps (one for each zone), which gives your first character in each campaign a good boost in getting gear early on. It contains a minipet (vanity item, it just looks cute and follows you areound) AND the abillity to play any race in any alliance. This means that you can pick a race on looks and racial skills and still play it in the campaign you like. The only thing you have to do is create a character to access the crownstore, buy the package. Put the treasuremaps in your bank (unpack the 3 containers, those are soulbound, but the content is accountbound and can be put into the bank), then reroll with the abillity to choose any race in any alliance.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU