Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

whats with ALL of the tiger mounts being limited?

Kronosphere
Kronosphere
✭✭✭✭
seems like a waste of time. just make them available perma. 1 limited one was enough.
~House Indoril~
Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MONEY
    #MOREORBS
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Money.
    2. It makes the loyalty tiger somewhat more valuable.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called marketing strategic.

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    i find it hard to believe that releasing something for 3 days will out sell a longer term offer. i get alot of people would buy EVERY one instead of the one they like if all were available but im not sure. 3 days is awful short
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    The sale was one time only. That is why I bought the mount(otherwise I wouldnt because I'm still waiting for discounts in the shop to spend my crowns). I would feel offended if Zenimax put Leopard Mount on the sale again and immiadately cancel my subscription for being lied to.
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche-tigers and Senche-leopards have a very short mating season. All the cubs are born at roughly the same time and must be weaned and made ready for shipping from Elsweyr. This is why they can only be made available for purchase for a limited time, but I am confident that ZOS will arrange for more to be bred for the next mating season.

That, or they're using a wholly artificial and monopolistic market to peddle their bits and pixels for as much money as they possibly can. Welcome to the world of B2P, DLC and micro-transactions.

/sarcasm
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

If it's limited they put psychological pressure on you to buy it, otherwise you would not be able to do it later and you'll regret not having done so.

^exactly^ but these mind tricks doesnt work on me im a stubborn person and i wont buy any limited mount. I like the black senche tough im not going to buy it just because its limited.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Limited DLC >:):D
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was beaten to my answer... Money. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This the best way to soak money out of people
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    The sale was one time only. That is why I bought the mount(otherwise I wouldnt because I'm still waiting for discounts in the shop to spend my crowns). I would feel offended if Zenimax put Leopard Mount on the sale again and immiadately cancel my subscription for being lied to.

Actually, if you read what they said, they said that it was "available for a limited time", but that this would not preclude them from possibly offering it for sale again at some later time:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/1725317/#Comment_1725317
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, if you read what they said, they said that it was "available for a limited time", but that this would not preclude them from possibly offering it for sale again at some later time:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/1725317/#Comment_1725317

yeah its true but its concealed and not guarantee. why they just put them permenantly can you tell me a logical reason other than they phycologically force the people to buy every month ?

• drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one and only one reason for this.

stock-footage-three-green-dollar-signs-spinning.jpg
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many big cats wandering the streets and you get all those delicious meaty Bosmer being eaten up as kitty snacks.

Also money. Tons of money. ZOS likey insta cash etc.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many big cats wandering the streets and you get all those delicious meaty Bosmer being eaten up as kitty snacks.

Also money. Tons of money. ZOS likey insta cash etc.

Soak as much cash out of pc players before console release? :D
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Marketing 101

You folks whined to make this game b2p. Now, suffer the consequences.

Limited time items are more likely to sell than permanent options.

Google the f2p white paper. If more people read that there would be less whinging for every new mmorpg to go f2p/b2p.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dixa wrote: »
    Marketing 101

You folks whined to make this game b2p. Now, suffer the consequences.

Limited time items are more likely to sell than permanent options.

Google the f2p white paper. If more people read that there would be less whinging for every new mmorpg to go f2p/b2p.

Pretty much subscription ftw any day
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you will find a ton of supporters here for the change in the pricing model. Most of the push apparently came from people who were not already playing the game before and were posting that they wanted to in other places eg FB (actually we all know the push came from the accounts team and/or management who don't play the game at ZOS whatever they may publically say).

That 'ESO Live' special on the day of the announcement is still horribly painful to watch.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's to make the purchase more tempting, leading you to believe you're going to have something exclusive.

Problem with this (or the good news, if you missed it) is that nothing short of the actual limited production Imperial Edition (Physical) has remained exclusive.

Give it enough time, you'll be able to purchase the same in store (probably cheaper than the original).

Why?

Same damn reason - give it some exclusivity for a period of time, gives those that have it 'value' and makes others want it more. Down the line, they'll put anything in there someone will pay for. If they don't they're losing money.

ESO is about many things, losing $ generally isn't one of them.

Exclusive/limited edition/limited time today, on sale for cheap, tomorrow. Count on it.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The polka-dotted senche will return. Probably sooner rather than later, due to demand. I'd like to see if they can go several months, almost a year, before they break down, but my guess is that it (or a retex) will be back shortly after console.

Allow me to say "goodbye" now as they announced, even before the sale was over, that it was limited time, not one time only.
    Dixa wrote: »

You make it sound like knowing what is happening suddenly makes it acceptable.
    That 'ESO Live' special on the day of the announcement is still horribly painful to watch.

Pretty much. They all looked like they needed more fiber in their diet. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    i find it hard to believe that releasing something for 3 days will out sell a longer term offer. i get alot of people would buy EVERY one instead of the one they like if all were available but im not sure. 3 days is awful short

Well B2P and F2P i have been playing do samething so why should ESO be any different???

Beside it is easy way to keep people play and come back for if want to have tiger you will keep play to it show up
    Edited by Wolfshead on May 19, 2015 12:14PM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    simple economics... drive up the demand by limiting the supply :)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never wanted f2p its the worst thing can happen to any game for me
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, and WORKs, I bought last one, I'll definetly buying this one too.

Yes, I know.
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    For me, I like that they are limited. Cool things in game are much cooler when not everyone in game has them. Won't it be awesome 5 months down the road when you have a mount that others want but can't have? Not sure what all the backlash on this is all about...

~Mystikkal
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    For me, I like that they are limited. Cool things in game are much cooler when not everyone in game has them. Won't it be awesome 5 months down the road when you have a mount that others want but can't have? Not sure what all the backlash on this is all about...

~Mystikkal

What makes you think that they wont keep bringing them back every couple months? Nowhere did it say they will never be offered again. It only says "limited time". So you wont have a mount noone else has access to unless you have the striped senche mount.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the classic Disney/McRib strategy--artificially inflating the value of something by slapping a "For a Limited Time Only" sticker on it.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now what if they offered race and name changes for a limited time? ...chaching! $$$$$$$

Dollar dollar bills, y'all.