The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade Damage Immunity

• Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:46PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Play a Cloak spamming Nightblade for a year.
    Be able to spam Cloak endlessly using Warlock + Seducer.
    1.6 releases.
    Suddenly people cry at me for being able to spam Cloak endlessly.

How about you scrubs quaff one of them ridiculous Detection potions and completely negate one of the core Nightblade skills for 40 seconds?

Detection potion doesn't completely negate Dark Cloak, it only removes the stealth mechanic. You can still cloak out of projectiles and purge dots with Dark Cloak

I am amused at the tables being turned on all these "Nerf Sorc" Nightblades however.

I don't think the NB class should be nerfed in any way but with the unlimited resources of 1.6 and the current Nirnhoned mechanics and ridiculous Stamina passives in the champion tree they are the top class right now.

Once we fix the unlimited resources/Nirnhoned/ balance the champion system NBs will probably be as good as the other classes.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    There's this one dude that keeps complaining about Refreshing Shadows, as if 30% stamina recovery turns us into unkillable monsters.

Hahahaha
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    Beldorr wrote: »
    Ball Lightning will ignore it if they are standing on it already. DK reflect & Defensive posture can return the meteor to the caster. Block greatly reduces it's initial damage and prevent knockup. Eclipse would do the trick but more difficult to time.

And still none of these prevents dot (even though dot may be applied to a different target), or am I missings something?

Defensive stance & refractive flap send that icy hot potato back to its caster. Bad guy gets the dot.

Ball of lightning is a portal that sends the meteor to a pve zone, I think, but I'm not a sorc.

GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6 releases.

How about you scrubs quaff one of them ridiculous Detection potions and completely negate one of the core Nightblade skills for 40 seconds?

jep you are right detection pots are overpowered, get rid of them and take stealth away too, only leav that 3 sec cloak window for stealth. wopuld buff nbs aswell quite a bit.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Barrier is major ward and major resolve

I have a NB, I am staring right at my Shadow Barrier, and I tell you it only grants Major Resolve.

The passive says only Major Resolve, and on my stats only my armor gets increased when casting Surprise Attack.
    Edited by Zsymon on May 11, 2015 9:12PM
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    1.6 releases.

Detection potion doesn't completely negate Dark Cloak, it only removes the stealth mechanic. You can still cloak out of projectiles and purge dots with Dark Cloak

I am amused at the tables being turned on all these "Nerf Sorc" Nightblades however.

I don't think the NB class should be nerfed in any way but with the unlimited resources of 1.6 and the current Nirnhoned mechanics and ridiculous Stamina passives in the champion tree they are the top class right now.

Once we fix the unlimited resources/Nirnhoned/ balance the champion system NBs will probably be as good as the other classes.
    To be exact about cloak when detect pots, projectiles will hit the NB if they are launched after
    the NB used cloak (even if he is still hided fr others). If the NB uses cloak when projectiles are in travel time, projectiles won't hit. That's not because of cloak but because projectiles are counted as a "dot" when they are in travel time (purge removes them for example) and cloak is a purge.
    Edited by Erondil on May 11, 2015 9:24PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Shadow Barrier is major ward and major resolve

I have a NB, I am staring right at my Shadow Barrier, and I tell you it only grants Major Resolve.

The passive says only Major Resolve, and on my stats only my armor gets increased when casting Surprise Attack.

That's because the tooltip is bugged, It just changed in 2.08 because its always been Spell Resist and Armor Buff

and just for the record, It is increasing both Spell Resist and Armor for me

• jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, i think sorcs are the last people that should be complaining for a nerf. They can whine once their shields scale off of health like the other class shields.
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I didn't read any of this, sorry. Stopped at "NB dmg immunity."

Pardon the cliché but try looking at "Sorc dmg immunity" + mobility + damage first =)

That said, I don't want nerfs, because it will never stop. One class will get the axe, then another, etc, etc, etc.
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak makes soul assault miss? Unless something changed I clearly remember getting hit with it while cloaked. It does affect meteor though which is good since that ultimate is REALLY good otherwise. Ill give it a try next time though, but even the nbs I have shot it at never seem to be able to counter it. OH wow im dumb I just remember they cant hide since im marking them.......

if you use a detect pot next to a nb and cast meteor, as long as you keep the nb from turning invisible the meteor will hit them. but frags do 0 damage to someone spamming cloak. they can keep immunity to frags as long as they have mana.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak makes soul assault miss? Unless something changed I clearly remember getting hit with it while cloaked. It does affect meteor though which is good since that ultimate is REALLY good otherwise. Ill give it a try next time though, but even the nbs I have shot it at never seem to be able to counter it. OH wow im dumb I just remember they cant hide since im marking them.......

if you use a detect pot next to a nb and cast meteor, as long as you keep the nb from turning invisible the meteor will hit them. but frags do 0 damage to someone spamming cloak. they can keep immunity to frags as long as they have mana.
    While the Nightblade is emptying his Magicka pool, try using a different attack than Crystal Frags. I know it sounds crazy, but it might just work!
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so much LOL

Cloak was broken for so long I think folks just got used to it. Abilities were targeting and hitting NB through cloak when they were not supposed to.

From the beginning cloak caused single targets attacks to stop and or miss from NPC but not from PC's. This was not supposed to be that way. Rather cloak was supposed to be a form of damage mitigation and escape. Since damage causes cloak to break, Cloak was Broken in PvP for NB for virtually the last year.

Get used to NB not being hit after they cloak. It's supposed to be that way. Additionally NB blur is usually cast just after so it's an additional dodge.

So funny coming from players with abilities like BE and Scales and..hmm what is that other ability one of the classes has that mitigates ALL damage for a time?

where is my LOL button!
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Damage immunity, what? I can't count the number of times I've feared a sorc, hit with multiple lights/spells/meteor and just started hitting his HP pool. *** reminds me of final fight when you have to kick the *** out of an enemy before you can actually tell how much HP he has.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes sense. I notice it most with frags. It's still very powerful, but not something I am going to ask a nerf over. I will however make note this is another proof that NBs are far from "underpowered" and that even with counters to cloak's invisibility, cloak remains a powerful and useful skill.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While the Nightblade is emptying his Magicka pool, try using a different attack than Crystal Frags. I know it sounds crazy, but it might just work!

fool!!! we must be a defenseless and weak class!!!!!!

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????????
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    Cloak spamming NBs are on the rise so I recently began using mage's light and discovered a new bug. Mage light prevents them from disappearing, however after they activate cloak they will usually remain shadowed during the cloak's duration. While they are darkened, most projectile damage will register (audio/visually) their impact but no damage will be done to the night blade.

Simply put, even if someone uses a pot or skill to reveal you, as long as you spam cloak you will be immune to a large portion of all incoming damage.

Um... this is not a bug, this is intended. Magelight does not say that it totally removes the cloak ability from any enemy within range... it says "reveals hidden enemies"...

Nothing to see here, move along...
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Wait, so you're saying NB's only defensive ability should allow you to strike them when cloak because you use Light?

That's cool if I can get siphoning attacks to go through shields.

The tooltip allows your to see the NB. Not "hit" him.. Even though several abilities do actually hit a NB when cloaked. Just not the ones you are using.

uhh, u have imba stam regen into infinite roll dodge, NBs are actually the tankiest class out there sooo i dunno if u feel "squishy" after replying with "only defensive abilty"

bind roll dodge to ur mouse.. profit
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    "Cloak is OP."

This is why nobody takes you people seriously.

It actually is strong as *** @ dark cloak.I'd happily swap my reflective scales for it
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its cloak making nbs dodge everything. I cant even figure out what it is, but just yesterday a magicka nb was standing still(not even blocking for a hist bark bonus) and was completely dodging like 4 guys bow attacks for a good 10 seconds. Just standing there doing heavy attacks, I know 20% dodge doesn't do nearly that much. Probably a nb related glitch or something, but yeah something is fishy here. Same guy was glitching into our keep, so I know hes not above abusing exploits. tsk tsk thornblade ad tsk tsk. Most of you are honorable, but there is some bad bananas in that bundle.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »
    Agree with topic starter, sounds like a bug, cloak is already so op its insane. That + fear, + NB burst capability ruin PVP.

Sur sorcs are also very strong, and BoL + Shield stacking is also to strong, but its nothing compared to NB.

FIx this pelase zenimax, so dark cloak does't render projectiles useless even if NB should't be able to cloak.

Those of us who woosh our cloaks at whim and use fear to divert the Zerg rivers are not the same nightblades with yonder burst damage FYI

This is the truth. My magicka NB can cloak and fear forever (well, at least until I die) but my "burst" is like 600 with most abilities. It's like a particularly scary rock that intermittently emits bad vibes to passersby.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyzaaa wrote: »
    Wait, so you're saying NB's only defensive ability should allow you to strike them when cloak because you use Light?

The tooltip allows your to see the NB. Not "hit" him.. Even though several abilities do actually hit a NB when cloaked. Just not the ones you are using.

uhh, u have imba stam regen into infinite roll dodge, NBs are actually the tankiest class out there sooo i dunno if u feel "squishy" after replying with "only defensive abilty"

every class can do seemingly endless dodge roll, NBs just have extra regain for it. Tankiest class? far from it. Dks and templars are far tankier due to self heals and class based damage shields
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    NB cloak
    Cody wrote: »

every class can do seemingly endless dodge roll, NBs just have extra regain for it. Tankiest class? far from it. Dks and templars are far tankier due to self heals and class based damage shields

In Pvp it does not matter if your tanky, It is all about DPS and mobility. And atm both DK and Templars do not have mobility.

I am sure PVP DK or Templars would love to trade GDB or Blazing shield for either cloak or bol.

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB cloak

In Pvp it does not matter if your tanky, It is all about DPS and mobility. And atm both DK and Templars do not have mobility.

I am sure PVP DK or Templars would love to trade GDB or Blazing shield for either cloak or bol.

That is why so many tanky templars and DKs now run with mist form. All the mobility you could ever want. You're welcome.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    NB cloak

That is why so many tanky templars and DKs now run with mist form. All the mobility you could ever want. You're welcome.

Yes i am doing excatly that, but no its not as good. No magica regen when using, also, more vunerable to Fire dmg, one cannot heal when in mist form.

But i agree Vampirism help, but even with it, DK and Templars cannot compete with NB and Sorc in mobility, not even close. So we are forced to become alibino players to have somewhat mobility, is that balanced?
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB cloak

Yes i am doing excatly that, but no its not as good. No magica regen when using, also, more vunerable to Fire dmg, one cannot heal when in mist form.

But i agree Vampirism help, but even with it, DK and Templars cannot compete with NB and Sorc in mobility, not even close. So we are forced to become alibino players to have somewhat mobility, is that balanced?

Yes, because on top of that mobility you still have your higher tankiness (not to mention all the other benefits of mist form and vampirism). Is it balanced that sorcs and NBs have to surrender an entire weapon/skill line to become tanky with healing ward?
    Edited by Vis on May 16, 2015 3:25PM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. No.. people hitting you with everything from Light Attacks to Charges while you are mashing the Cloak key as fast as you can is broken.

Want to take Cloak away from NB. FINE. Give us Streak instead.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    1.6 releases.

and the 1,5-2sec miss effect is applied aswell.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an out-and-proud Dark Cloak-spamming Altmer Nightblade.

#popsgumlikevioletbeauregard