Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[?] Ornate Gear

SeñorCinco
SeñorCinco
✭✭✭✭
I was rewarded an item that is 3x my current level and I need to do something with it. I cannot remember how they looked and was wondering if the mechanics changed for what ever reason.

Does the ornate gear look any different than it's counterpart?
Is it still just a profit item to be sold with no benefit from deconstruction?

Edited by SeñorCinco on May 14, 2015 5:52AM
Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• KoRRoDEAD
    KoRRoDEAD
    Ornate gear simply has a higher value and is intended for sale to a merchant.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it still just a profit item to be sold with no benefit from deconstruction?

You get the same benefit from deconstruction as a regular white weapon. Whether it is better to sell it or decon it all depends on how much gold you have and how much you need to level the craft. I decon almost all Ornates now.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell ornates, plenty of other garbage to decon for leveling.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

Agree. Ornates can have a much higher value than standard items. Especially at early levels, use that advantage.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell, it is.

Tango Mike.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once my profession is maxed, I sell all white items and any ornates. DE greens and above.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

Agree. Ornates can have a much higher value than standard items. Especially at early levels, use that advantage.

They did buff the Ornates to be much more valuable than they used to be. Its' just that Gold is so easy to get at VR, and I am currently leveling the Eq Crafting skills on 3 other alts, so the priority on leveling the crafts

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"