The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3rd Alt Blocked from Campaigns

bloodenragedb14_ESO
bloodenragedb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 3 alts, 2 veteran ranks, and one implanning to make vet.

The problem is, once my 3rd character reaches vet rank, he will no longer be allowed into cyrodiil, as my other characters have taken the 4 vet campaigns.

so, who's bright idea was it to bar 2 characters being in the same campaign? and dont give me the "players communicating to other faction" That is still done in guild chats.

Add more campaigns, or remove the alt ban. this is annoying.

OR rather than barring a alt from the campaign, give it a cooldown. such as:

"you recently entered this campaign on another faction, you are barred from entering it on another for 3 hours"

the time is negotiable

Edit: im aware of the fact of same faction characters are not barred, im not talking about that, what im referring to is that i have 3 characters, one in AD, one in DC, and one in EP.
Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on May 7, 2015 3:53PM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please ignore this commment, moved to original post
    Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on May 7, 2015 1:26PM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have as many characters as you like in any campaign. They just can't be with different factions, otherwise you could just switch between characters at any time to be on the winning side of every battle.

Replacing the hard lock with a cooldown is a very reasonable idea, though. Even a one hour delay would be enough to prevent the most blatant abuse of faction switching.

Does anyone remember the 25 campaigns in beta? They had great expectations for this game, and this problem is at least partly due to the currently very low number of campaigns.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, im aware of that fact stefan, but the fact that there are three factions, each character allowed one guest and one home campaign, but there are only 4 vet campaigns......i mean, did the devs even take into account players who would make a character in each faction?

Are multifaction accounts to be punished and excluded from pvp just so the pvp leets can have their 'fair' war?
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea the fact i cant take my AD crafter off of one of the campaigns is irritating. at least give us the option to leave a campaign without moving to another.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler cmon man don't let us down
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed, allow us to remove our characters from all campaigns, with a cooldown period of at least 24 hours before we choose a new campaign (the whole ap costs to changing need to be removed, in my opinion anyway, and replaced with cooldowns)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its utterly ridiculous. We cant bring in two characters of different alliances into the same campaign, yet we can easily bypass all lockouts by using the "Travel to friend" function. Its stupid.

this restriction needs to be taken off. the "spies" excuse is ridiculous and in-valid. People already communicate with other alliance members via whispers, guild chat, and even teamspeak im sure. This restriction needs to be lifted, it is hampering peoples ability to play this game's PvP.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    yea the fact i cant take my AD crafter off of one of the campaigns is irritating. at least give us the option to leave a campaign without moving to another.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler cmon man don't let us down

I have crafting characters and other characters who are currently mules who haven't entered Cyrodiil in quite some time and yet they restrict where my active characters can home or guest.

We really need an opt out of cyrodiil option.
    Edited by Grunim on May 8, 2015 1:29AM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Its utterly ridiculous. We cant bring in two characters of different alliances into the same campaign, yet we can easily bypass all lockouts by using the "Travel to friend" function. Its stupid.

this restriction needs to be taken off. the "spies" excuse is ridiculous and in-valid. People already communicate with other alliance members via whispers, guild chat, and even teamspeak im sure. This restriction needs to be lifted, it is hampering peoples ability to play this game's PvP.

id like to point out that is is WAR. spies, traitors, sabatours are all part of the experiance. I would love it if someone would steal a scroll and try to take it to the other faction, the battles and skirmishes it would cause would truly be epic. I will agree there may need to be a mechanic for same faction killing in that instance, but still im a huge supporter of the spy function
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh oh, on a related idea to my spy comment, maybe we could purchase some form of costume or disguise that would disguise us as the other faction. Not only would it spice things up with the spy/traitor thing, but it would give pve'ers that want nothing to do with pvp in the quest hubs ways to avoid the filthy, abhorable, annoying, evil, disgusting gankers.
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the number of viable campaigns shrinks, it is a real mess trying to do any PvP with alts in different factions due to the way the locking system works.

I fully understand that faction hopping and spying is not desirable, so some restrictions need to be in place. But there needs to be a way to fully remove a character from a campaign, even if it triggers a long cooldown (eg 24 or 48 hours) before you can assign a character from a different faction to that campaign.

The current system is a horrible horrible mess and I can't believe they've let it slide into this state without giving the matter any attention.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh oh, on a related idea to my spy comment, maybe we could purchase some form of costume or disguise that would disguise us as the other faction. Not only would it spice things up with the spy/traitor thing, but it would give pve'ers that want nothing to do with pvp in the quest hubs ways to avoid the filthy, abhorable, annoying, evil, disgusting gankers.

I am a filthy, abhorable, annoying, evil, disgusting ganker and I find this offensive.

You left out the adjective "Super-McAwesome stealth stud".
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »

I am a filthy, abhorable, annoying, evil, disgusting ganker and I find this offensive.

You left out the adjective "Super-McAwesome stealth stud".

If you wait in hiding in stealth at quest hubs, purposefully preying upon people 10+ levels lower than yourself, then i find you offensive.

But we are not here to talk about that, we are here to talk about the abhorable campaign lockouts. lets stay on track
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »
    As the number of viable campaigns shrinks, it is a real mess trying to do any PvP with alts in different factions due to the way the locking system works.

Thats another thing, there are far too few campaigns, and we have the possibility of 8 alts. considering 3 of those are different factions, there is literally a 100% chance one of your alts is going to be locked out of pvp entirely
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »

Thats another thing, there are far too few campaigns, and we have the possibility of 8 alts. considering 3 of those are different factions, there is literally a 100% chance one of your alts is going to be locked out of pvp entirely

Explain how having 4 DC characters in thorn, 3 AD characters in Chillrend and 1 EP char in Azura is locking out of PvP?
    I agree we need to get a opt out option but plz write valid arguments ^^
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the idea of being able to deselect a campaign-- with the same cool down as changing guest campaigns-- is the solution that would work the best. Still not sure why campaign management among different-factioned alts is still an issue, should have been fixed long ago.
    Edited by Kartalin on May 15, 2015 1:37AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube