The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting writs in Cyrodiil

mrvbalc
mrvbalc
✭✭✭
I am full time pvper, But i still want to do crafting writs (getting nirnstones from survey map helping me a lot to get some gold). But every day i have to port to some other pve zone to do crafting writs. Why cant we have crafting writs in cyrodiiil. Ofcourse survey maps shoud not be in cyrodiil, but atleast those chests and qst pick up boards can be in cyrodiil, weekly once or once a while we can go to pve zone to collect those survey maps.

Please think about this.
967qe6gfe8s7.png
Balc
As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. Cyrodiil is a war zone after all, not a crafting zone. Not a killer argument, I know. There could be
    some, but I don't think there should be any. Changing to a different zone is not that hard.

BTW surveys for nirnstones? Chances are 1.25% per node meaning on average 80 nodes, that makes
    10 surveys. As those don't drop that much I would say you get a nirncrux per month with this method.
    Maybe 3 if you use clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking. And that are just chances, no guarantee
    you get anything at all. You have to use a lot of materials for the writs, too.
    In the long run you get money from rewards, golden materials and such, but it is by no means easy money.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Cyrodiil is, where would you put the Crafting Writ board? If it's not at the home gate, or whatever it's called, then it's going to be vulnerable. Then there is the issue of how long it takes to get anywhere in that zone. So to leave the battle to go do the writs, then get back could take some time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about EP and DC spawn keeps. Never played. But there is crafting writs kind of board at western elsywer gate keep.
    And I know about the math of norm stones and stuff. Simply pvp'ers can't spent hours in farming nirn. But this crafting surveys will give them some sort of alternative for nirn and also other stuff
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [quote="mrvbalc;1800940"And I know about the math of norm stones and stuff. Simply pvp'ers can't spent hours in farming nirn. But this crafting surveys will give them some sort of alternative for nirn and also other stuff [/quote]

Why do you expect to be able to get nirn without spending hours farming them? They are rare! Even with surveys.

Also, as you can only get them in Upper Craglorn you'll have to travel there to complete surveys - so why not get there just a little early and hand in your writs there too? Hand over the gear, pick up the surveys and trot off to pick up your nirncrux... nice! ;)

This sounds so much like "I want what other people have, without having to do what they did to get it".

The kind of attitude that leads to ZoS putting them in the Crown Store "for your convenience"...

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, anyone playing in the vet zones has to either travel back to a faction zone or to Coldharbour or Craglorn to pick up their writs. Since we need to turn in at Craglorn, the logical choice is to just go there, but my point is, those in PVE at vet levels still have to make a special trip if they're currently questing in a vet zone to do writs, so it isn't that much different than those just doing PVE.
  • Wyietsayon
    Wyietsayon
    ✭✭✭
    The writ boards would be at the home base, because that makes sence. But, assuming that surveys would be in Cyrodill too, wouldn't the survey locations just become ganking areas? Unless they are within the very small home bases as well, which would be a bit odd. Maybe they could be just within the scroll home gate areas, where it's more difficult for enemy gangs to go.

I dunno. Seems like a lot of extra work just to stay in Cyrodill. You already have to leave Cyrodill already anyway to get to the guild bank and stores, as well as do stuff like get skyshards and stuff.