The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When searching the forums for Toppling Charge...

• milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    This should actually be highly regarded as a problem across the board for ESO. Every player, regardless of class should see how utterly incompetent and negligent ZOS is acting toward this issue.

Exactly. My main is a Sorc and I have been campaigning for this fix for months. Thanks @Observant for deeming my post worthy of its own thread.

You might also want to check Gina's response in This Thread
    As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!
    • Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    • Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    • Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

That comment about breath of life has me worried however...

This skill might get a 0.5s channel soon if I read it like this o0 Reminds me of how they try to reduce cyro lag by lowering the max population cap, lowsy workarounds hurdur
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They finally fixed it!!! To celebrate, I am going to charge everything in sight. Rats, mudcrabs, snakes, spiders, and beetles beware...
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please disregard my previous post...toppling charge is still broken :/
    Whilst on my celebratory toppling rampage, the dreaded stuck animation/15 sec cooldown struck yet again. Well that was definitely a killjoy.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was there still a delay on normal charges that didn't bug out?
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    Whilst on my celebratory toppling rampage, the dreaded stuck animation/15 sec cooldown struck yet again. Well that was definitely a killjoy.

FOR FOX ACHES. (Say that out loud to get the real effect)

Thanks for the heads up, I'm no longer eager to get done work and hop on my Templar anymore.
    Vehemence
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on...you guys had hopes? you actually believed they fixed anything from the first try?

LOL at you guys being fooled
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess they were more concerned with nerfing dwemer drops so they could sell more motifs in the crown store then actually QA testing their fix.
  • gotgk
    gotgk
    ✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Oh come on...you guys had hopes? you actually believed they fixed anything from the first try?

LOL at you guys being fooled

LOL if you think this is the first time they have tried and failed to fix it.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to say that I can't believe it, but the sad thing is I have no trouble believing it. It is definitely still bugged.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    SaltySudd wrote: »

FOR FOX ACHES. (Say that out loud to get the real effect)

Thanks for the heads up, I'm no longer eager to get done work and hop on my Templar anymore.

I legit lol'ed at for fox aches.

The charge works better, but animation lock sucks.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely feel that they don't bother to test their fixes anymore, they just change the code and hope for the best. I hope with the influx of new players and money from the Crown store, they can hire some more code writers, and not just let the money go to profit. If they fix all the problems with this game, it will be played by many people for many years to come, but if they keep fumbling like this even the new players are going to quit again.
    Edited by Zsymon on April 21, 2015 4:39AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I just logged on to my templar and tested this.

I used unmorphed templar charge vs. (morphed) shielded assault. The cooldown is significantly reduced and more consistent now but it is STILL there and STILL longer than shielded assault. There still is a slight pause before I can use jabs. That pause is lessened when using shield charge but obviously every skill will have some pause.

I haven't farmed with my templar long enough to see if It got stuck in the animation any more. That used to happen about every 15min or so when farming.

Verdict: they shortened the CD. Still not short as other charge skills.

N.B. I didnt check the morphs. Some report the morphs having a worse cooldown and the un-morphed one is the only one working.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 21, 2015 9:07AM
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a big cooldown to rolldodge after using the skill . toppling charge and roll dodge back has 1 sec cooldown for me

Anyone noticed that or is just me?
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm not worried about the Cool down anymore, I'm concerned about being stuck in Animation during combat.

And that is still occurring
    Edited by Observant on April 23, 2015 3:28PM
    Vehemence
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm not worried about the Cool down anymore, I'm concerned about being stuck in Animation during combat.

And that is still occurring

I'd agree with this.

Which is sad actually. Become so disillusioned with the stupid global cooldown that I'm willing to accept it if they can just make it so the skill actually functions correctly.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey remember when ZOS took over a year to resolve crippling in-game bugs?

...wait...
    Vehemence
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey remember when ZOS took over a year to resolve crippling in-game bugs?

...wait...

I see what you did there.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have the animation bug in PvP, not so often but I've had the "endless speer runner" much more often than just once or twice since the last patch/hotfix :)

This is so much worse than just some milliseconds of "waiting" :disappointed:
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still have the animation bug in PvP, not so often but I've had the "endless speer runner" much more often than just once or twice since the last patch/hotfix :)

This is so much worse than just some milliseconds of "waiting" :disappointed:

I tried using charge for a while on my templar after the changes, didn't get the spear runner glitch but instead I was unable to do anything but walk around after charging to a target. This happened several times so I decided to remove the skill from my bar, again.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's worthless currently, I tried it for about 5 minutes then immediately switched back to Stampede after getting stuck i n a spear animation for 10 seconds.
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    It's obnoxious that this is still bugged, as bad as before. They clearly need to scrap whatever code they originally wrote, and write a new one.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.

Vehemence
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z vs the infamous Focused Charge Stuck... grand fight tonight!

What is it now... 4th rematch?
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    Is it still bugged?

I'm Testing it today to see if it's still bugged...*NEED* this skill, it could be so awesome!
    Edited by Visigoth on May 12, 2015 4:31PM
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah...it's still bugged!

Nice try ZoS, but the animation for "Explosive Charge" still gets stuck... although, so far it doesn't seem to do it as often or for as long as it did before patch 2.0.8 *So Far*
    Edited by Visigoth on May 12, 2015 8:58PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Z vs the infamous Focused Charge Stuck... grand fight tonight!

What is it now... 4th rematch?

Focused Charge Stuck = OP.

The match I want to see is Focused Charge Stuck vs. Loading Screen Boss :smiley:
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 12, 2015 9:23PM