The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting help

Dwermer
Dwermer
Hi
I was wondering, if there were helpful links for crafting of other crafts like, 'Myrron's Guide to ESO Blacksmithing'?

I am especially, thinking of alchemy and enchanting. I struggle with putting together the correct agents to making potions and enchants and wonder if there is a list to help people know exactly what to use for each potion, especially for leveling the individual craft and doing writs

Any advice would be gratefully received
thanks
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some guides like in Tamriel Foundry, but they are not so detailed and somewhat outdated. Best help comes from addons. E.g. Potion Maker, Merlin and Multicraft help tremendously. They can be found in esoui.com . I use post-it addon to help with writs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potion Maker is a good alchemy add-on. Quick Enchanter does the same thing for enchanting. There are many websites with info, I tend to use USEPWiki
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an useful add-on, Potion Maker, to help with Alchemy combinations.

To level enchanting I would advise deconstructing every glyph you can find. And craft glyphs, trade them with someone else who has crafted gylphs and deconstruct them. If you deconstruct glyphs crafted by someone else you level up really quickly, especially if you deconstruct green/blue or higher quality glyphs.

You can find all the runestone translations here
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guides and addons listed above will help you determine what ingredients/runes to use.

It takes 3,667,895 IP to level any craft from 1-50.

For Alchemy the formula is simple. All IP is based on the level of the water and not the ingredients that you use. Each level of water gives a set number of IP. Only use two ingredients, no extra IP is given for three.

Natural - 1500 IP
    Clear - 5000 IP
    Pristine - 8000 IP
    Cleansed - 12000 IP
    Filtered - 16000 IP
    Purified - 20000 IP
    Cloud Mist - 20000 IP
    (Add +10% IP if subscribed)

So just make enough of each water level to advance to the next and make enough of each and you are done. Use the cheapest ingredients you can get (Bought or Harvested) and have at it.

For Enchanting each level of Aspect/Potency rune gives different levels of IP from crafting and decon. Essence runes do not affect IP levels.

There are IP penalties for lower skill levels and especially for Gold glyph decon.

Here is some of the last data per glyph but it is not complete.
    Glyph Decon IP data
    Edited by SpAEkus on May 1, 2015 1:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    especially for leveling the individual craft and doing writs

thanks

For Leveling Alchemy, first thing to do is eat each ingredient you don't know the first trait on. That way you learn it. Then, combine reagents that have the same properties to get a potion. Also, be aware that Filtered Water is a rare drop. Well, if your on level to use Filtered Water (40's mostly) then you can find it rather easilly. It is below or above the level needed for Filtered that it gets real hard to find as compared to all the other waters. So, you end up making a bunch of L30 potions as that water is more availible and skip most of the grinding with Filtered Water.

Also, use the Mushrooms (except for Namira's Rot) to make negative potions so you preserve the reagents that make positive potions for your use. Mushrooms are cheaper to buy, and grow at the base of trees, so easy to find.

As for Foods, if you have any Blue Recipes, go buy the ingredients and just start making stacks of foods or drinks. You don't need Blues for this, but you level up faster making them (I think, but the foods are more useful). Drinks have questionable value (though a Regen Character is more viable now) so you can use up those ingredients first, then the food ingredients.

As for doing Writs, once you get about 5 to 10 of them done in a craft line, they become self supporting for the most part. In that the stuff you get back is more than what is asked for, and you can make more than what is called for so you only have to brew or cook or mix every 2 to 4 writs. This applies only to Consumable Writs, Equipment Writs, you will put in far more than you get out, so plan accordingly.

Edited by Nestor on May 1, 2015 4:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an experiment when leveling another enchanter. I used only glyphs dropping from mobs while leveling another toon through VR ranks. It took two weeks to go past skill level 40 just by deconstructing dropped glyphs. Most of the glyphs were VR5..VR9 and part of them were green. The last five levels probably are easier to get by farming potency8..9/denata..rekuta runes. But to get enough of enchanting does not really need trading any more.

An alchemist needs roughly a 100stack of each water and about 1000 flowers. Never calculated exactly.

Provisioner needs a recipe making level 15 food/drink to bypass skill level 20. After that rest is easy.

Farming is the most needed "skill" in crafting.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Dwermer
    Dwermer
    hi all

thanks for the feedback and advice
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

As for Foods, if you have any Blue Recipes, go buy the ingredients and just start making stacks of foods or drinks. You don't need Blues for this, but you level up faster making them. Drinks have questionable value (though a Regen Character is more viable now) so you can use up those ingredients first, then the food ingredients.

@Nestor

Did you actually get more IP from a Blue recipe? When I checked them recently I re-verified all the greens and they were exactly 1/2 IP from pre-1.6. I didn't bother with Blue or Purple because before they made no IP difference.

I'll need to run them again if that changed to update my spreadsheets.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @Nestor

Did you actually get more IP from a Blue recipe? When I checked them recently I re-verified all the greens and they were exactly 1/2 IP from pre-1.6. I didn't bother with Blue or Purple because before they made no IP difference.

It seemed like I did, but may be it was only because they were higher level. The Blues I had at the time were making things in the 40's. I have only had Blue low level recipes with the new provisioning system, and all my provisioners are now maxed (the ones I want maxed anyway).

But, Blues make better foods to use, so the grind out put is worth something. Nobody buys Green Foods unless they have a Writ to fulfill.

Edited by Nestor on May 1, 2015 4:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I rarely make greens for use as well, although some of the VR10 Greens seem to sell for PVP.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't check if blues are better for IP but i doubt it. Nevertheless i have leveled few provisioners after rehaul just with green recipes. The recipe level is surely most important IP source. E.g. there is a huge difference of IP between recipes making food/drink to level 5 and to level 15, tenfold IIRC. Both are available to lowest rank. So i suggest to increase the first skill when you can and then find any recipe(s) that make food to highest level you can with the new rank.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Filtered Water is a rare drop. Well, if your on level to use Filtered Water (40's mostly) then you can find it rather easilly. It is below or above the level needed for Filtered that it gets real hard to find as compared to all the other waters.

Seriously? Whenever I do the occasional container search through the Hollow City "Filtered Water" seems to be in a quarter of them. Now you've made me curious to know if there's a market for it :)
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    I was wondering, if there were helpful links for crafting of other crafts like, 'Myrron's Guide to ESO Blacksmithing'?

I am especially, thinking of alchemy and enchanting. I struggle with putting together the correct agents to making potions and enchants and wonder if there is a list to help people know exactly what to use for each potion, especially for leveling the individual craft and doing writs

thanks

Everything you need can be found on my sheets. See the link below in my sig...
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |