The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Map problem since the last Patch!

Eucken
Eucken
✭✭✭
Since the last incremental patch I have different problems with the Map in Cyrodiil.

It used to work fine but now I each time I want to teleport or revive half of my map is white and even crashes from time to time.

WiMjPbi.jpg

the other thing is that if I just open the Map while not in the starting zones of Cyrodiil I get the map on max. zoom and can't zoom in.

8LdN3eZ.jpg

You can see on this image that I don't even have the zooming scale in the right corner.

I allready tried to delete my Elder Scroll Online folder under Documents but that did not help.
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have the same exact issue. Right clicking the map and left clicking again will allow you to zoom. The white boxes seem to go away after that
    Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    yes but it still takes quite a lot of time to right klick and then zoom in again. I often do raidleads in Cyrodiil and use the map like every 2 min. sometimes to get new informations about the battlefield and this is very annoying
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just logged in and noticed the same thing.
    Just started happening today.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Eucken wrote: »
    Since the last incremental patch I have different problems with the Map in Cyrodiil.

Hi Eucken,

Are you using any Map or Mini Map add ons?

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Eucken,

Chris,

I've got the exact same issue (even down to the same blocky pattern), but it's happening to me on the PC version. I don't think this is a Mac specific thing.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a problem where about half the time if I go from looking at my journal to my map (and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with 'show this on the map'), I get the wrong map for the wrong city. Or I get a zone map (usually the wrong one) where I should be getting a city map.

Usually right clicking on the map and running it through the "bigger and bigger" cycle till its the mega-whole-world, then out and then back in to M and it usually works.

yeah ... only since 1.6
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭

Hi Eucken,

No I don't have a Map Addon
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this as well, I can't zoom in and out on any map anywhere also

No map addons whatsoever
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Actually if you would use the current MiniMap add-on these probles should be resolved.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    @Eucken
    hey mate =)
    I have this map scrolling prob since I updated to yosemite.
    and addon crash a lot more,
    minon *** up somehow
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Aldul,

I did not update to yosemite however so this can not be the cause.

Regards Eucken
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Have the same as 1st screen shows problem sometimes. Using map coordinates 1.6.3 add on.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced the same issue on my AD toon is Glenumbra.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, PC and no map-addons at all.
    Edited by Thavie on April 12, 2015 1:07PM
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Chat command - /script CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged") fixes the symptom.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    MiniMap author
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Fyrakin,

Fyrakin wrote: »
    Chat command - /script CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged") fixes the symptom.

tried it but it did not work :(

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    kimboh wrote: »
    Yeah, I just logged in and noticed the same thing.
    Just started happening today.

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm also on PC, not Mac.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Fyrakin,

Try /script SetMapToPlayerLocation() CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged")

This should instruct the map to set the map where your player is and refresh it.
    MiniMap author
  • Adiar
    Adiar
    Soul Shriven
    On a mac, experiencing this issue as well, no addons.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have same problem.
    I found if you zoom right in then out again it fixes it, but you have to do this every time you try to port.
    Edited by BrassRazoo on April 13, 2015 5:36AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Experienced the same issue on my AD toon is Glenumbra.

Forgot to mention.. I am on PC and Although I do have @Fyrakin minmap, it was not on when this happened. (It was in addons folder, but was deselected in addons under settings). It also has not happened since, but I have since heard of others experiencing the issue.

Odd part is, it was also the bottom of the map.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Fyrakin,

Try /script SetMapToPlayerLocation() CALLBACK_MANAGER:FireCallbacks("OnWorldMapChanged")

This should instruct the map to set the map where your player is and refresh it.

This didn't help either.

Do I have to relog for it to work or something or should it work instantly?
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Awe wrote: »
    Have the same as 1st screen shows problem sometimes. Using map coordinates 1.6.3 add on.

Forgot, as some others to mention, PC version. Zooming 1 step in and back out fixes the issue for 1 time.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Fyrakin,

This didn't help either.

Do I have to relog for it to work or something or should it work instantly?

No it only fixes the symptom once, say if you have the wrong map this command could fix it (assuming worldmap does what it was instructed to do).
    MiniMap author
  • ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ✭✭✭
    We have a fix for this coming in the next patch.
    Staff Post
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    We have a fix for this coming in the next patch.

Thanks for getting it fixed!
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Actually problems arising with maps are related to some add-ons. I made a simple add-on which blocks some api calls when map is visible, if you have the wrong map display you may try this.
    MiniMap author
  • Suntzu1414
    thank you!!

this has been a big problem....

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd