The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group finder.

Khyras
Khyras
✭✭✭
How much time do you need to fix group finder? I am not *** veteran rank and neither are other people in my group.Who is programing your *** game, elementary school kids?
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this particular section of the game (the group finder), the answer to your question "who is programming?" is most likely "nobody". The lack of updates for months makes it obvious that nobody is really trying to fix the group finder. The failed attempt at improving it several patches back was the last we heard of anyone actually working on it.

The current group finder seems like an abandoned project. Perhaps they are planning a retrofit of the group finder from the upcoming console versions to the PC version? (Assuming, of course, that they have plans to include a working group finder in the console release.)
  • Rhajin
    Rhajin
    I'm sure the new patch will fix whatever is wrong with the group finder, cause there is no way console players will be shouting in zone chat to try and find groups. Also I really think they need to add a crosszone LFG or trade chat to this game to make trading and finding a group 100% easier. Or just add a normal Auction house...
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only times I have tried the group finder tool, my husband and I tried to get a couple more players (or ideally even one) and after several hours of tinkering with it and doing things "while waiting" nothing.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    also tried it and gave up on that,i found that if i just wait a bit at the entrance i can always join other players and group directly without the need to search.
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given the fact that sp many delves are impossible to solo, and intentionally impossible, and as so many users love to point out, ESO is an MMO...you would think it sage to assume this would be a huge priority.

Time to give up on this one, I fear. I have seen a lot of threads about this and no word from a dev in quite a while. Perhaps they should admit this is not fixable and make zone chat the official group finder, since that is probably the only way you'll find a group.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game was launched on 4/4 and the group leader bug was fixed on 4/20. But the funny thing is, it wasnt the same year.

Game Launch 4/4/14 with group leader bug
    Bug fix 4/20/15.

Haha yup more than a year later.

Check back in 2020 for a working group finder tool.
    Edited by Lord Xanhorn on April 22, 2015 7:48PM
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • jerzey_gamer
    kodo wrote: »
    also tried it and gave up on that,i found that if i just wait a bit at the entrance i can always join other players and group directly without the need to search.

This seems like the best way at the moment to find any sort of group. It's honestly been awhile since I've had any major problems trying to find a group for just about anything, but it would still be nice if this feature actually worked - especially for a game that encourages and incentivizes players to group together.
    Rhajin wrote: »
    I'm sure the new patch will fix whatever is wrong with the group finder, cause there is no way console players will be shouting in zone chat to try and find groups. Also I really think they need to add a crosszone LFG or trade chat to this game to make trading and finding a group 100% easier. Or just add a normal Auction house...

Have you actually taken a look at the set of guild traders in the major cities for each alliance? I didn't even bother for the longest time, but you can honestly buy just about anything (materials, armor, potions, etc.) through them. It was a long time before I even noticed this myself, so if you haven't checked them out yet - I'd highly recommend it.

Edited by jerzey_gamer on April 24, 2015 8:46PM
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • tamedbeast
    tamedbeast
    ✭✭✭
    The group finding tool is absolutely trash, you sit and queue for 1-4 hours and if you are lucky you might get someone to group up with. They really need to fix this, as its a POS.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The group finder is functional, but it is hardly used by anyone. It needs people to use it en masse before you will see groups forming regularly.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted to give group finder a try, and attempted to use it a few times while leveling... but it just made no sense.

First, outside of the brief time it says what instance it wants you to do when the party (or just three of the four usually...) is formed, you are left to debate what dungeon to do. Not fun.

Second, I encountered a large disparity between levels of groups. Joining random for as V2, I got put with V8s and V7s. Not that great for me.

On top of these, the party UI bugs out a LOT (no party leader, zone locking, etc). Sitting in a queue for ~2hrs to just get an indecisive group of 3 (instead of 4) who just want to continue what they are doing and eventually leave because there is no healer is not fun for anyone... so who can blame them for not using it?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    I really wanted to give group finder a try, and attempted to use it a few times while leveling... but it just made no sense.

First, outside of the brief time it says what instance it wants you to do when the party (or just three of the four usually...) is formed, you are left to debate what dungeon to do. Not fun.

Second, I encountered a large disparity between levels of groups. Joining random for as V2, I got put with V8s and V7s. Not that great for me.

On top of these, the party UI bugs out a LOT (no party leader, zone locking, etc). Sitting in a queue for ~2hrs to just get an indecisive group of 3 (instead of 4) who just want to continue what they are doing and eventually leave because there is no healer is not fun for anyone... so who can blame them for not using it?

The disparity was a problem in the past, I don't think it's as much of a problem as it once was, but I don't know. The times I've used it and found a group we've all been very close or exactly the same VR and it hasn't been a problem.

The debate thing rarely happened to me. I always just either followed Crown or I was Crown and simply said which one we were doing. If someone didn't want to, they left and we looked again.

The UI did used to bug out a lot, I've only had it happen once in a while now.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • immodium
    immodium
    the only time I've had a problem with LFG tool is during 1.4/1.5 when it was completely broken. Not had a problem since finding groups. I play as a healer so maybe the times aren't as big as damage dealers? Only issue I have seen is people not selecting their roles correctly from DD.

Maybe people just don't know about it (LFG Tool). Maybe ZOS need to send a mail at level 10 regarding the tool like they do with PvP.