Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ambush and Critical rush are not doing extra bonus damage from stealth to NPCs

Nonamesbutmineub17_ESO
Hello,
I play a NB and both of my melee gap closers seem like they are not doing extra damage from stealth to NPCs. I was wondering if this was intended or is it a glitch where the NPCs detect you before you can hit them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to make sure of, you have to be behind, or to the side* of the NPC to get the Stealth Bonus/Crits. If your in front of the NPC, even in Sneak, your going to be seen and lose the Stealth Crit.

I will sneak all the way around behind a boss before engaging them just for this reason.

*Even if I am to the side, I try to be slightly behind the NPC when I am on the side
    Edited by Nestor on April 29, 2015 10:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be behind the enemy, be it player or NPC, to get the sneak bonus
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭
    I think Critical rush removes you from stealth, or any gap closer for that matter. Only Ambush is the gap closer that gets stealth bonus.

Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

• Dositheus
      Dositheus
      ✭✭✭
      I think Critical rush removes you from stealth, or any gap closer for that matter. Only Ambush is the gap closer that gets stealth bonus.

Yep. Crit rush can't stealth crit as far as I've seen. Ambush can, but you have to be behind the mob. And about 1 in 4 times it still won't get the stealth bonus even if you're undetected and behind. Same thing with other attacks from stealth. You can hit cloak WHILE stealthed, and then the attack, and you have a better chance at a stealth hit btw.
    • Nonamesbutmineub17_ESO
      Shouldn't ambush give a stealth bonus damage from any side since it basically a surprise attack where you transport invisibly to the target? Also, if you are able to use any bow attack and get the bonus damage from stealth, shouldn't it work the same way while attacking from stealth with melee weapon gap closers? Since you initiated the attack from a stealthed position that was not detected.
    • Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Shouldn't ambush give a stealth bonus damage from any side since it basically a surprise attack where you transport invisibly to the target? Also, if you are able to use any bow attack and get the bonus damage from stealth, shouldn't it work the same way while attacking from stealth with melee weapon gap closers? Since you initiated the attack from a stealthed position that was not detected.

if you hit someone in the front from stealth with a bow, you do not get the stealth bonus.
    • Nonamesbutmineub17_ESO
      Cody wrote: »

if you hit someone in the front from stealth with a bow, you do not get the stealth bonus.

You are correct, I made a mistake.
    • Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Cody wrote: »

You are correct, I made a mistake.

just make sure you are behind your poor, unsuspecting, milk drinking target, or to their sides, before sending them to the void.
    • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
      kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ambush is a teleport whereas Stamina gap closers stands up and runs to them, but Lotus Fan does not give you bonus damage from stealth Ambush is the best gap closer cause
      1) 20% damage buff
      2) no min distance
      3) only gap closer to get your Assassin stealth damage passive
      Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
      Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
      Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
      Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
      Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
      Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
      Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
      Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
      Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light