Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck at VR11 what can I do now ?

CouettesCouettes
CouettesCouettes
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I've finished the main story quest, I have done all the cadwell quest, silver and gold, many many many other quest (mostly everything I've found) and now I'm VR11.
I had a look at craglorn and seriously what the hell ? I'm unable to do a single quest, I'm getting killed almost instantly. I've tried to find mates to quest in craglorn, it's almost impossible, and with the few person I've found, still hard as hell, the best way we've found is having someone running while getting chased by monsters while the other one take the objective ...

Do I have to get back to all the quest I've missed at low level, kill mobs for no xp and no rewards just to get XP of the quest ?
Am I supposed to kill mobs to get 499xp again and again and again and again to get the 4 millions XP I still miss ? seriously ?

What do I do now ?
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You could do veteran dungeons, grind spell scar in craglorn, undaunted dailies, pvp, pve in cyrodil, Try to complete more achievements, and yes try to get a group going in craglorn and finish the quests there
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see why they're getting rid of the Veteran system, it sounds awful.

And whose idea was it to make Craglorn group content only? In a game series popular for its solo play? Eugh. I like grouping up sometimes, but I hate being forced to group.
    Edited by Darkstorne on May 5, 2015 4:42PM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I've finished the main story quest, I have done all the cadwell quest, silver and gold, many many many other quest (mostly everything I've found) and now I'm VR11.
    I had a look at craglorn and seriously what the hell ? I'm unable to do a single quest, I'm getting killed almost instantly. I've tried to find mates to quest in craglorn, it's almost impossible, and with the few person I've found, still hard as hell, the best way we've found is having someone running while getting chased by monsters while the other one take the objective ...

Do I have to get back to all the quest I've missed at low level, kill mobs for no xp and no rewards just to get XP of the quest ?
    Am I supposed to kill mobs to get 499xp again and again and again and again to get the 4 millions XP I still miss ? seriously ?

What do I do now ?

I had the same situation on my original toon. He's a sorc in the DC alliance and I let him sit at V11 since probably back in July. He's my provisioner and that's about all I used him for. I decided to finally max him out since my other two toons were getting bored with PvP.

I started on a Friday with the V11 during daily quests in Cyrodiil - two hubs - Bruma and Chorral. That's like 90 minutes a day. Nine days later on a Sunday he hit VR14 and was 100k gold richer. I probably could have done it a lot sooner by doing more hubs daily.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I had a look at craglorn and seriously what the hell ? I'm unable to do a single quest, I'm getting killed almost instantly. I've tried to find mates to quest in craglorn,

If you go into Craglorn with a Group of 4, its perfectly doable. The Guild I am in is starting to run more Craglorn Nights. So, that might be the way to get Craglorn done is to join a guild that has events up there. Lone Wolf Help is the Guild and right now I think we are doing EP and DC up there, but AD could certainly be an event.

Now, all that being said, we did a few quests up there the other night and I barely moved my CP meter or my Character Progress Meter in 3 hours of playing. This was on my VR5 character. I go to a on level dungeon in the PvE zone and in 30 minutes had a CP and leveled my character. So, do Craglorn for the story and quests (they are quite good) but not for leveling.

Since you are VR11, either do the Dailies in Cyrodiil, or, grind on dungeons. For a VR11, you can start out with VR8/9 dungeons and get decent exp from the mobs. then once to VR12, then do the VR10 dungeons.

Also, the Delves in Cyrodiil are now VR12, so that can help with exp too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CouettesCouettes
    CouettesCouettes
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for your aswers !

Cyrodiil is is dangerous and frustrating zone for me, but anyway, I'll see what I can do there >:)
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your aswers !

Cyrodiil is is dangerous and frustrating zone for me, but anyway, I'll see what I can do there >:)

Use a campaign dominated by your particular alliance. Stay close to keeps they own. You'll end up with tons of recipes, motifs (including daedric), and some pieces of decent armor sets like Martial Knowledge. Make sure to take the Fighter's Guild quests too in Cyrodiil. And get a skyshard map.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do I do now ?
    Welcome to the 1990s group-or-die part of the game where you need to find several others who also need to do the same content as you in order to progress .. or the alternative is a mind-numbing mob grind, but if you enjoy those I'd recommend Lineage as it does it far better.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    As everything above...or just wait a bit. The top tier endgame isn't fully developed yet. They are going to release new DLC's for that (solo-play this time) and revamping the entire veteran/CP system.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go run all the dungeons on normal level and get the skill points for them. When you've completed all those, rerun them again on Vet and with the daily undaunted quests. All of that XP will add up. When you get a group that you like, add them as friends and hit them up for Craglorn quests also. Everyone needs experience regardless of level now with CP.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • CouettesCouettes
    CouettesCouettes
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I've tested everything I could, and now I understand why there is so many players killing zombies in northglen ...
    Now I remember why I deciced that this game does not worth 15 box a month some times ago.