The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Faction/crafting distribution for Alts

shi.zukesarwb17_ESO
shi.zukesarwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi, I was hoping to get an opinion on how to rectify my current situation. Please excuse me if my question has any 'stupid' elements to it, I am a returning newbie. The title of this post is deliberately formulated not as a question but as a general discussion so newbies will enter and not make the same mistakes that I did.

Characters I currently have in the format "Character level, race class and role/faction/crafting level/number of researched traits":
  • (Main) VR1 DPS Bosmer NB/AD/Smithing 35, Provisioning 50/69 Smith
  • 10 DPS Breton Sorc/DC/Clothing 30, Alch 10/68 clothing
  • 10 Nord Tank DK/EP/Ww 30, Enchant 15/32 ww
  • 2 x mules used for the sole exclusive purpose of storage
  • 3 empty character slots

As you can see, I deliberately spread my characters amongst the different factions, spread my crafts out amongst them, and assigned different roles to them. Clearly, I did not foresee the following problems:
  • My alts (excluding mules) are distributed on different factions. This means I can't switch between them when doing dungeons on my main (AD). If I had known better, I would've created all of them on the same faction
  • Blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing are spread amongst my alts as well. As you can see, I have invested quite heavily in researching on all 3 of them. This means that I will have to buy 3 sets of motifs, which can be pretty expensive. If I had known better, I would've put smith/ww/clothing on 1, chant/prov on 1, alch on all for the potion buff. Thereafter, I would level smith/ww/clothing on all chars for the hireling
  • I'm sure there's an issue with PVP campaign joining as well. Not sure what this is about since I don't PVP, but I did read about it. Apparently to prevent spying

Additional information:
    • I intend to create a Healer Imperial Templar on AD. Would have made all my characters Imperials if I had known of the changes
    • I do not care for the cosmetic benefits the motifs provide. But I do care about crafting and selling items as a way to make money

I hope I have explained my query clearly. Will edit in more information if I think of any. Thank you in advance for any advice you might have.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    "My alts (excluding mules) are distributed on different factions. This means I can't switch between them when doing dungeons on my main (AD). If I had known better, I would've created all of them on the same faction"

I do not understand what you are trying to say here.

"(Main) VR1 DPS Bosmer NB/AD/Smithing 35, Provisioning 50/69 Smith"

What 69 Smith means? The maximum for all crafting are 50.

In a different note where you can check the Motifs that you own with each character?
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »

In a different note where you can check the Motifs that you own with each character?

You can either log onto each one and check via a creating station or use a research add on
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild