Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the 2h skill "Rally/Forward Momentum" buff apply when swapping to bow?

aveon
aveon
Soul Shriven
^Title

Also, should I stop dual wielding and just go 2h for pvp?

• Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    What I have read in these forums. Yes to both of your questions.
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    Can confirm from experience that yes it does apply to all weapon swaps.

as for your second question it kind of depends on your class, but as a generality I find that 2h is much more effective in pvp than dual wield. The most important reason is because it offers a gap closer and a hgh burst damage execute. For dual wield the only truly effective ability for pvp is quick cloak which is basically a perma sprint (but really has little value if you dont have a gap closer).

HOWEVER, for my stam templar, dual wield is superior in PVE. it provides much better synergy with my other skills. Also as a templar i already have a great single target ability in biting jabs that for outweighs wrecking blow (2hs main dmg ability). and gap closers arent as significant in pve as they are in pvp.
  • aveon
    aveon
    Soul Shriven
    yogarogue wrote: »
    Can confirm from experience that yes it does apply to all weapon swaps.

as for your second question it kind of depends on your class, but as a generality I find that 2h is much more effective in pvp than dual wield. The most important reason is because it offers a gap closer and a hgh burst damage execute. For dual wield the only truly effective ability for pvp is quick cloak which is basically a perma sprint (but really has little value if you dont have a gap closer).

HOWEVER, for my stam templar, dual wield is superior in PVE. it provides much better synergy with my other skills. Also as a templar i already have a great single target ability in biting jabs that for outweighs wrecking blow (2hs main dmg ability). and gap closers arent as significant in pve as they are in pvp.

I am a nightblade so I have ambush as a gapcloser, something I would use regardless of DW or 2h. Reason being that I can jump up on towers in PVP if not too far below, and I dont need a direct walking path to reach people as with Critical Rush or the other morph.

Thanks for the responses.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    aveon wrote: »
    ^Title

Also, should I stop dual wielding and just go 2h for pvp?

It depends on your playstyle.
    • For surviveability go 2H
    • For burst go DW