The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anchors from the Harbour Questions

VaXuS
VaXuS
As i exited the Fighters Guild Hall in Vulkhel Guard i was approached by a NPC saying the guild needed my help and at first i ignored her as i wasn't interested in doing any quests until i finished Khenarthi's Roost. But seeing as the NPC follows me around every time i go near the guild hall i decided to talk to her and initiated the quest Anchors from the Harbour but i'm baffled why in my journal it says it's a lv4 quest where the wikis say its a lv8 quest. Is this glitched? I haven't proceeded with the next step w/c was to speak with Sees-All-Colors until i asked about this here in the forums.

Thanks in advance
Edited by VaXuS on May 8, 2015 2:43PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MG and FG Quests are leveled to your character now, not some arbitrary level, with one exception. Each quest has a minimum level and won't go below that.

Now, this quest used to be a L8 quest, so that is why the Wiki says that. So, every other FG quest you will get from here on out will be at either a minimum level that has been set for that quest, or it will be leveled up to your character when you get it if your character is at a higher level. If your character is below the minimum level of the quest, the quest level will be higher than your character.* So, perhaps they changed the Minimum on this quest to L4 since that is when most people tend to pick it up.

Stop Meta Gaming, it will only confuse you. :)

*It is fairly easy to do the MG quests earlier than intended, even finishing them at L28 (I did), but the FG quests are difficult to do early because of where the quest givers are. As you won't be able to normally get to the quest givers or locations until you are near the intended level for the quest.
    Edited by Nestor on May 8, 2015 2:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaXuS
    VaXuS
    Oh i see, thanks for that info. One last thing though since i received this quest at lv4 does that also mean the reward has been scaled down to the level you received the quest?

EDIT: Logged into a lv12 character of mine and found i initiated the quest at lv10, finished the quest and received a lv12 version of the reward. So it does scale but only to a certain level i think and its quality is green not blue.

No more help needed with this question and thanks again Nestor for the explanation earlier.
    Edited by VaXuS on May 8, 2015 3:26PM