The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Needs An Authenticator Application...Use Google Authenticator Or Something....

Sevalaricgirl
Sevalaricgirl
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't been able to log in from my main computer for several days. I can log in from home on my netbook and other computers. The access code for my main computer never shows up. There wouldn't be this issue if ESO had an authenticator.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your junk folder as well as your ISP's webmail junk folder if appropriate, as would be the case if your ISP was Virgin Media, for example. Also make sure your email address is correctly registered to your account. If need be, submit a ticket.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to log in from my main computer for several days. I can log in from home on my netbook and other computers. The access code for my main computer never shows up. There wouldn't be this issue if ESO had an authenticator.

If the code isn't in your spam folder, maybe you used another email account to register the game?

Security wise, having an authenticator for the game would be nice but the method ZOS uses is nearly as secure if you use an up to date email provider such as Gmail or Outlook. Then all you have to do is attach an authenticator to your email account.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wasn't the issue. The issue is that I had to completely change my email because ZOS doesn't play well with Comcast so I had to go through ZOS CS to get it done. If they had an authenticator, they wouldn't have had this issue.
    Edited by Sevalaricgirl on May 8, 2015 9:28AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wasn't the issue. The issue is that I had to completely change my email because ZOS doesn't play well with Comcast so I had to go through ZOS CS to get it done. If they had an authenticator, they wouldn't have had this issue.

Step 1: sign up for a Gmail or Outlook account, pick an easy to remember password
    Step 2: attach Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator (same thing) to email account
    Step 3: log into ESO account or call ZOS, change the email address for your ESO account to your new Gmail or Outlook

Even Comcast can't screw up Gmail or Outlook. If you don't plan to login to your Gmail or Outlook account very often, set mail forwarding in Gmail or Outlook to your Comcast email account.

• Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed it to my hotmail account but that doesn't change the fact that they require an email verification every single time you switch computers especially with an IP that isn't static. They should have an authenticator. That is all.