Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could use some help searching for a build

tjf5188b14_ESO
So right now I'm looking for a good DPS build, and I'm not sure what could be considered the best build. I've looked up a ton of builds, but I can't find any builds that say that it is the best possible DPS build out there.

I've been away from this game for quite a long time, or else I probably wouldn't even need to post here. I am just awaiting the release of the console version before I get back into it.

But I am going to be DPS in my group when that does come out and I need to find something good. I could use any help that is offered.

I would prefer to have excellent AoE and single target damage, not one or the other.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK probably the easiest and most well rounded.

Stam Templar arguably TOP dps with DK just behind it

Sorc and NB if you want a challenge. But each is comparable dps in an experienced players hands.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Echo_Silence
    The build I'm currently using is full magicka, DK. One handed and Shield. I will show you my build. (It's in google doc and that's how my characer is built).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Es2FJI_KcEhO0cCHn21fD9629UhRF77G8G2y9jmYfOc/edit?usp=sharing
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a full list of DK builds they can be found here
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • tjf5188b14_ESO
    ok thanks for the help so far. I'll start looking through these when I get a chance
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really you need to look at HOW you want to achieve the dps then go from there. If you are min/maxing there a few things you can do.
    Dunmer DK with a focus on flame dmg is a popular one, mainly w/ fire staff. Dunmer Templar w/ flame focus is another one.
    Then you have Crit Blades, Syphon Blades, Battery Sorcs, etc. etc.

TLDR;
    You have a bunch of theory craft reading ahead of you :neutral:
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild