The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any chance of a duelling system/area?

Yasha
Yasha
✭✭✭✭
My friends asked me to request some kind of duelling system. They said it like "You should tell them to add duelling so we can fight", as if I had some special power to make it happen haha. Anyway, I thought I would just put the idea out there on the forum since it would be cool if we could practice somewhere, like a training pavilion in Cyrodiil or something.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no one wants to be able to practice against their friends? I find it almost unbelievable.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    There are many who wants this feature. They just are able to use the search function.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trollwut wrote: »
    There are many who wants this feature. They just are able to use the search function.

If many wanted the function I would expect the topic to be on the front page of the pvp forum, the fact that no one except a troll answered this post suggests to me that few people want to be able to duel against their friends in ESO. The devs probably get the same impression, hence we have no place to practice.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »

If many wanted the function I would expect the topic to be on the front page of the pvp forum, the fact that no one except a troll answered this post suggests to me that few people want to be able to duel against their friends in ESO. The devs probably get the same impression, hence we have no place to practice.

We had many long threads and polls indicating that their are indeed many who want this feature, even recently, and we have large dueling guilds.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Yasha wrote: »

We had many long threads and polls indicating that their are indeed many who want this feature, even recently, and we have large dueling guilds.

Well here is another chance to show your opinion. As far as I can see from the response so far its a non issue for the community. The last related post I read was in mid April, had only 4 pages of comments- many of which were from people saying it is not needed- and was more focused on adding structured pvp mini game. Doesn't seem very overwhelming to me.

With that kind of response, and the attitude of the 2 people that have posted so far in this thread, I would say we will see some way to practice pvp with friends in about 2050 if lucky.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166908/up-to-date-voting-arena-battlegrounds-instanced-pvp

Please comment there maybe?

And yes, I know this isn't exactly what you wanted, but even then you can either look up older threads or make your own if you want an up-to-date-voting like Lhorion. yw.
    Edited by ToRelax on May 7, 2015 6:23AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166908/up-to-date-voting-arena-battlegrounds-instanced-pvp

Please comment there maybe?

And yes, I know this isn't exactly what you wanted, but even then you can either look up older threads or make your own if you want an up-to-date-voting like Lhorion. yw.

Well that is totally different to duelling, it is asking for an arena system to be introduced. I have already commented and voted in various threads about battlegrounds in the past. All my friends asked was "wouldn't it be great if we could duel". Now the only way to do it is to roll an alt on a different alliance and try and find somewhere quiet in Cyrodiil, and try not to kill each other in the duel.

Maybe, just maybe, the justice system will pave the way for some sort of space for duelling practice; but with no one really seeming interested in the topic- except those who want to troll or polish epeen by pointing me to nearly completely unrelated threads - it seems unlikely.

Its still a top game regardless, and I think its totally right for the devs not to focus on aspects of the game that are not particularly wanted by the community, even if a few of my friends and I think it would be fun.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they put in dueling, how would the aoe spammers cheap out?

Dueling? Proposterone!
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.