Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blacksmithing buddy

iambecomesloth
iambecomesloth
Soul Shriven
I'm looking for a blacksmthing buddy to trade crafted items back and forth to help level up blacksmithing. My blacksmithing is at level 5 and anyone willing to help me out would be appreciated
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you wanting to level this with your character? Because if that is the case, you don't need to grind it with a buddy. Just deconstruct the loot you get as you go along and the levels will keep pace with your character. Especially as the reason you level crafting is to unlock the materials that you have to level your character to use. In other words, no need to put one point into Materials until your character is L16 and you can use Steel, then L26 for the next material.

In other words, unless you have a bunch of skill points to use right now, having a craft skill at 40 or 50 does not help a low level character because you can't use what you make, with some exceptions. Yes, you can improve with less tempers, but your not going to be improving low level gear anyway (you don't need to)

If your already a higher rank character and just getting Blacksmithing going, then its real easy to level it, just decon the VR loot drops and the skill will rocket right up. Hit some public dungeons until your bags are full and go on a decon binge. Sell enough loot to pay for the repairs, then decon the rest. Rinse and repeat.

On a more personal note, I will not do this kind of thing any more as ZOS makes it kind of a pain to transfer the dozens and dozens of items between each other to make this efficient. I have done it twice now and I won't do it again. I think you will find more people are reluctant to enter into this kind of activity because of the friction of moving things around. Which is why I gave you the advice that I did above.
    Edited by Nestor on May 7, 2015 8:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• iambecomesloth
    iambecomesloth
    Soul Shriven
    ok, thank you very much. this was very helpful and you've given me a lot of pointers. thank you again
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, thank you very much. this was very helpful and you've given me a lot of pointers. thank you again

See this thread for a discussion about Traits, those are the real reason you want to craft. Crafted Sets which require you to know a certain number of traits to make is your real goal. Post #8 is the one in particular to read

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/169603/learning-traits-and-styles

Edited by Nestor on May 8, 2015 5:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"