The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Writ Crate Contents

Yinmaigao
Yinmaigao
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all!

Recently (3 of the last 7 days; more since 1.6 dropped) I have only been getting 1x Trait material out of the max-level Blacksmith Crate. I am not sure if this is "normal" or some sort of a bug.

While it does not seem right, maybe that is the other side of the pendulum for getting the chance for an alloy, and I have just been REALLY unlucky lately.

Has anyone else encountered this as well? Is this something ZOS is aware of?

Thanks again!
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    That is a fairly normal result from Blacksmithing from what I can tell. My normal result from the crate is a useless trait/racial stone although I recently have seen more pieces of armour with improved Inspiration from decon. At least those sell for a 200ish gold to players still leveling up.

I do all the writs every day and I have noticed a definite increase in the number of gold mats received along with the crate, but the contents of the crate are terrible for the equipment writs. The survey reports are rare but it seems like almost none that drop are actually in Upper Craglorn so no chance at Nirn but at least I can recover enough raw mats to do one half of a writ.

All in all though the number of Gold upgrade mats like Tempering Alloy and the chance for Nirn keeps me doing them. Since only equipment writs have a chance at Gold mats and Surveys, the rewards need to be lower than those for the consumable ones although being able to do every Alchemy or Provisioning writ 4 times for the tiny investment of mats makes the investment in Equipment writs a huge cost to play the lottery.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drallar wrote: »
    The survey reports are rare but it seems like almost none that drop are actually in Upper Craglorn so no chance at Nirn but at least I can recover enough raw mats to do one half of a writ.

Patch 1.6 uncovered the themissing survey locations in Craglorn (for a while there was only one we were sent to for each type, at least that is all I got). Now, you have a 1 out 3 chance of getting a location in UC when you get a survey.

Note the Clothing and either BS or WW are real close to each other. Only have one of those maps in your inventory until you clear that survey location or you may lose the nodes. Keep the maps in the containers for the most convenience.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to increase the chance to get yellow mats and survey - do two days writs in one day. This is what I mean: get the writ today, but do not do it today, wait for tomorrow. Do today writ tomorrow, you will get crap in blacksmith, go get tomorrow writs and do again - you will get yellow mat and probably survey. When you do it once per day you will get bad results. I don't know why - this is just experimental fact... :)
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses.

I just thought it was a little weird that I was only getting the 1 trait item (no repair kits/"vendor trash"/deconstruction fodder). I guess that is the luck of the draw with RNG!