The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We FINALLY Have first Person Mount Riding!!!

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
And it's no thanks to ZOS... it was @Nuojua and 21 lines of code.

Check out the Add-On here: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1048-ImmersiveHorseRiding.html
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? What? Ok! Thanks for the heads up, and thank you @Nuojua too. Downloading right meow :)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick tip- you have to be in first person BEFORE you get on your mount.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice addon! Would love to see updates allowing free look in first person, and the ability to switch b/w 1st & 3rd person view while riding. But still very cool, would download again :)
  • Nuojua
    Nuojua
    Yes those would be nice things to see for me also, but my coding skill are so limited that i afraid i can´t do anymore with this by my own. I tried to solve those very problems without of success , due to the limited coding among my skills . :( I hope that one of those coding masters check this out and get some new ideas for their own addons...:)
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sir, are a true sir! :-)
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all good @Nuojua, I can't even code to potato. Your addon is still fun!
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh my god im, i, i love you, it was as simple as 21 lines of code and they couldnt do it for us? really comon zos weve been asking for this forever!
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, maybe the master himself can help you if he still has time for that, since he already got alot other addons to maintain. Let's try to summon the master!
    @Garkin
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe the master himself can help you if he still has time for that, since he already got alot other addons to maintain. Let's try to summon the master!
    @Garkin

I'm not going to use this addon as I always play in 3rd person view. But if you need some help with addon code, just ask.
    Edited by Garkin on April 20, 2015 4:56PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    @Garkin

I'm not going to use this addon as I always play in 3rd person view. But if you need some help with addon code, just ask.

wow, I herby proclaim today as the summoning day of Lord Garkin
    Rain's Hand the 20th is the summoning day of lord garkin, today the people of Tamriel revel and dance for it is the day of the lord Garkin that has made there lives so much easyer, it is one of the few summoning days that ends well, unlike other Deadric summoning days...
    Edited by zdkazz on April 20, 2015 5:08PM
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    zdkazz wrote: »
    oh my god im, i, i love you, it was as simple as 21 lines of code and they couldnt do it for us? really comon zos weve been asking for this forever!

21 lines of code... with QOL problems. :smile:

Now, if ZOS had released it with the problem "quick tip- you have to be in first person BEFORE you get on your mount." would you be as hype as a community member releasing with the same problem?

Just something to think about. Not that this isn't a pretty cool add-on and nice ups for @Nuojua. And really, not "no thanks to ZOS" as apparently the hooks were already there to be exploited.

Many needed features, limited time.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wraith808, The creator of the add on admitted that he's not a coder in this thread. The point is we have been asking for first person horse riding and ZOS wouldn't add it even when the system allows for it (what we've been saying all along)

ZOS coders are professional coders and the amount of time it would probably take to add this without any bugs would be an afternoon, at best.

This just makes the fact that it hasn't been added earlier even more... confounding.

But you are right. Many needed features. Limited time.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 20, 2015 7:53PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• wilsonirayb16_ESO
    Daenerys wrote: »
    Very nice addon! Would love to see updates allowing free look in first person, and the ability to switch b/w 1st & 3rd person view while riding. But still very cool, would download again :)

Agreed. I told them from day one of Beta(and I think even before Beta in a forum post), that they must allow equal camera panning options for first and third person. And yet to this day we can free look in third, but not first person. Why oh why do developers continue to put out MMOs with this design? FFXIV is the only recent one I can think of where they got it right.

zdkazz wrote: »

Sad isn't it? I bet the camera free look options is just as easy and yet they still over look it.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the latest patch it's stopped working for me :(
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still working fine for me.

UvxJS19.png?1

Are you zoomed all the way in to first person before mounting?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Nuojua
    Nuojua
    Updated version is now available in ESOUI. Now with working zoom function . Also Toggle first/third person view button works if you use Khrill´s awesome helmet addons... (Khrill Helm Control and KHC Helmet FOV add-in)
    Edited by Nuojua on April 29, 2015 2:49PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, I only use first person :)

I think it was the last update but I can't be sure because generally forget to ride as I've always preferred to stay in first person.

The "first person rider" animation starts as it used to - climbing onto an unseen mount - but then it stutters and goes into third person view to repeat the mounting action. It then stays in third person.

I haven't changed anything, as far as I can tell the only change was yesterday's update.
  • Nuojua
    Nuojua

I think it was the last update but I can't be sure because generally forget to ride as I've always preferred to stay in first person.

The "first person rider" animation starts as it used to - climbing onto an unseen mount - but then it stutters and goes into third person view to repeat the mounting action. It then stays in third person.

I haven't changed anything, as far as I can tell the only change was yesterday's update.

I was unable to reproduce the error that you experience . Perhaps the reason is in another addon , which I do not use . Did you try an updated version already ? Also try to disable addons that might make changes to the camera ? In this stage I can not help more than that ...
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nuojua wrote: »

I was unable to reproduce the error that you experience . Perhaps the reason is in another addon , which I do not use . Did you try an updated version already ? Also try to disable addons that might make changes to the camera ? In this stage I can not help more than that ...

Unfortunately I still have the problem with the new addon and with no other addons active.

It is peculiar, the addon tries to work - mounting in first person to start with but then going on to repeat the mount in third person.

But please don't worry about it on my behalf if it's working for everyone else :)
  • Nuojua
    Nuojua
    I will worry, everyone should have rights to ride like it should be.. :) Or something even close to it... :)
    You might want to try using the zoom function, a couple of times back and forth, then try to mount again. Also you should change the location in game, maybe it's because of it?
    I still do not receive the error function to regenerate , even though I tried every addon with and without ...
    If you solve that problem and find out what causes it, reply here or send me PM.
    (I'm just curious , and I may be able to prevent it from happening to others.)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even more curious!

It failed again, with the usual attempt at first person mount, then a successful third person mount.

But then I tried mounting from third person... and it worked! Repeatedly.

And then I tried from first person and again it worked! Repeatedly!

As it didn't work from first person I didn't expect it to work from third. Even when it worked from third I didn't expect it to work from first, but at least there was a kind of work around. I certainly didn't expect it to start behaving completely :)
  • Nuojua
    Nuojua
    Haha! :smiley: Sounds mysterious ... Anyway, nice to hear that it now works ... :smile: