The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selene's Web - Longclaw

Molagent
Molagent
✭✭
Out of curiosity, I haven't really had the time to toss at ESO as of late. I played during betas, early access and till around the end of May. Not very long but I got my VRs. I'm happy, got all the motifs except for the new dwemer and ancient elves (didn't much like it and at the time there was just no market or decent value for it.) Getting to the point...

For anyone who played back during launch or within the first two months one of the hands down hardest dungeons was Selene's Web. Not even the final boss, it was Longclaw. I just wanted a rundown if he's still as insane to kill or not.

For those who don't know in case it has changed.. Mind you this wasn't a VR dungeon version I'm talking about either. Back when I played there were traps EVERYWHERE disarming them meant they were disarmed for 30ish seconds and there was no way to disarm them again if you engaged him. Those traps knocked you nearly 40% and gave a minor stun, best part was longclaw had an AoE poison that was like stepping into lava. It'd kill you in less than 6 seconds. Longclaw was an archer and didn't have a stopping point to killing you. You couldn't run away either because you had to jump off a cliff into a pool of water to get to him and progress the dungeon. I'd almost forgotten the 3 ghost panthers you have to keep alive as long as possible to make sure they don't die and aggro off to someone else. Eventually everyone figured out the method to kill him. Tank keeps aggro on panthers, healer heals everyone nonstop, DPS attacks boss.. Takes a while but it worked.
"Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still a pain in the butt, the adds more than LC. Still traps everywhere. If you all go different directions, you can have the playing area fairly clear by the the fight starts (they do reset it you wipe, though.) They do not auto-rearm, and you can continue to disarm during the fight as long as you are in stealth and not getting interrupted.

Also, if you run back into the water where you jumped off the cliff, it will reset (as long as all of you do it or are down.)

It's manageable, just bring some CC and stay out of the green.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    Well that's good to know, minor improvements.
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah last boss is truly a pain, but with good team that knows their weapons it ok, I like the fight since its a bit of a challenge, though for me, the boss I dislike the most now of all dungeons is the engine. Not because its a hard fight, well it is because of this reason.

There are roughly 3 different tactics people use on it, so if u doing it with randoms it can be hard, still my least favorite boss
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Im still leveling through the game and he has been the hardest boss to kill by a long shot. So much interaction. Most effective way for me to sort it out was for me ( DK Tank ) to spam talons to keep the tigers at bay and taunt atleast 2 of them with the main boss. That freed up my dps to take him down. Ranged was the way to go because if you hit one of those traps in a poison cloud it was game over for a low hp party member.