The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AD story feels stale?

Takhistis
Takhistis
✭✭✭
I have played a 39 character on dc and now a 19 char so far on AD and the story feels kinda stale...
Glen umbra story felt more immersive and threatening with Angof than the veiled heritance in auridon
Graph wood hasn't Peaked my interest yet as in storm haven with swedes entering people's minds
And ofc rivenspire... That was 1 of the best stories I ever encountered in any mmo...
So I'm asking as players, is going to get better? Will there be more interesting plottwists than surprise surprise, estre being who she is?
Not hating or something, just curious
NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the quest lines are anti climatic The AD one I liked, EP'S quest line sucks, DC has some good parts, but meh to the end.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I enjoyed Greenshade and Malabal Tor more than Auridon and Grahtwood. From what I've read, Reaper's March sounds interesting too, but I haven't got there yet.

Rivenspire is still my favourite though :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no way AD has the best story line followed by DC and EP lagging way behind.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add a quest to take back Bleakrock for the EP as a crowning achievement. That is the best laid out area, even better than Rawl'ka. The snow effects are really nice.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Will see as I further level my character in AD
    My current char is DC and finishing up bangkorai
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC quests in a nutshell...kill werewolves, kill undead, kill vampires, that is almost every quest...what's so great about that? Its dull, repetitive and frankly boring. I'm VR13 in the Alik'r Desert and I'm so sick of werewolves and undead its not even funny. Tonight my questing partner since Auridon said, "These quests feel like work." When I asked what she meant she said, "Its all the same. Kill zombies, vampires and werewolves, its repetitive, mind numbing work." I have to admit she was right and the DC zones are definitely a grind to slog through and I enjoy questing. The idea of taking my other VR characters through the DC zones is something I'm not looking to. I'll take the Dominion and Pack quests over the unending parade of undead that is the Covenant quests any day of the week.

Angolf was a joke I slaughtered him fast, weakest boss fight ever. No wonder he's looking to get out of the bad guy business in Coldharbour...he sucks at it.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on April 1, 2015 9:47AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC quests in a nutshell...kill werewolves, kill undead, kill vampires, that is almost every quest...what's so great about that? Its dull, repetitive and frankly boring. I'm VR13 in the Alik'r Desert and I'm so sick of werewolves and undead its not even funny. Tonight my questing partner since Auridon said, "These quests feel like work." When I asked what she meant she said, "Its all the same. Kill zombies, vampires and werewolves, its repetitive, mind numbing work." I have to admit she was right and the DC zones are definitely a grind to slog through and I enjoy questing. The idea of taking my other VR characters through the DC zones is something I'm not looking to. I'll take the Dominion and Pack quests over the unending parade of undead that is the Covenant quests any day of the week.

Angolf was a joke I slaughtered him fast, weakest boss fight ever. No wonder he's looking to get out of the bad guy business in Coldharbour...he sucks at it.
    Sure it's repetitive, but most questing can be summed up by "kill [x]". What I enjoyed about the DC storyline, particularly of Rivenspire, was the writing of the characters (Verandis Ravenwatch, Gwendis, and Baron Dorell particularly), not the killing of Incidental Plot-Device Enemy #216.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    I Liked AD Quest better the DC's Quest overall, but In Grahtwood and Malabal Tor with the Wood Elfs it did start to get a little boring because the Quest started to feel the same. Currently playing through EP doing Veteran Content and really liking there Quest.
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the quest can be a bit stale. There's not too much plot twist in any of them, and they're all rather straight forward and predictable.

The Dominion does have some interesting quest though. There's two in Reaper's March that I enjoyed in particular which was Hadaran's Caravan and another party like quest where you go to some other plane and blow up chickens! I don't know if the other zones have these type of quests but I didn't find them.

Ebonheart Pact seemed split between Skyrim and then those other zones that aren't popular because they weren't in Skyrim.

And I absolutely hated the Covenant questlines. Stormhaven seemed to have half the quest the exact same: enter this dreamworld to kill this or that. Then in Bangorkai had one quest that had me screaming at my computer because you had to go talk to A, then talk to B, then talk to C, then talk to A... consecutively for what must have been 30 times, no exaggeration. It was some city under Imperial rule.

Not to mention that the quests for Queen Arynn feels like you're helping her earn her rightful place as Queen. The Skald King, how many times do I have to save him? Emeric... who? Hardly ever saw that guy, and had to save him at the end too.

To be fair, Emeric is likely the most qualified for Emperor but he's old and will die soon, so... For the Queen!!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's March is my favorite storyline area though I may be biased as I'm pretty obsessed with Khajiit.

I really did enjoy DC's quest's though, DC was my first alliance character and there were a lot of great parts about it. I just wish I knew about how zone region main quests worked, progression-wise, before doing so, as I kind of did some of the quests out of order without knowing (got into the last bit with Angof before going to Camlorn, because of running into the quest start and not knowing).

I think my favorite part about DC's storyline though was the ending. Spoilers ahead for those who haven't done it:

---
    I really liked how Septimus Tharn actually stopped her big plans to focus on eliminating us directly, as in, the antagonist wasn't just a "oh you're no threat" but devoting all of their resources into killing us. She knew about us being the Vestige from Coldharbour and knew that we couldn't die normally. And the way it lead up to it was great too - the books she was researching on, about how Daedra can't die on Nirn or Oblivion, but that they might be able to if they were killed on a plane of Aetherius. It intrigued me and I was wondering what she was up to. Then when I chased her down going to the Far Shores which is a plane of Aetherius and it turned out to be a lure to get us there so she could kill us once and for all, it was like...Oh. That's what she meant...

Unfortunately gameplay and all even if you die there you just respawn as normal. Maybe she was just wrong in her theory. Still, props for effort, for being the only antagonist (That I've seen in ESO) to recognize that the vestige can't die normally, and taking leagues into rectifying that problem. It was a nice touch, and definitely a great way for the finale of the alliance storyline.
    ---