The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Toon

Jochamo
Jochamo
Is it viable to have one toon craft all the professions. The character I am thinking of is a retired DK whose skills are reset. Would I have to lvl this toon to 50?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a character leveled would make it much easier as you'll have more SP, access to other maps and should you run into a NPC and need to fight not die too fast.

Currently my main character is my crafting character will all professions leveled and skilled but I am slowly working out of that into an alt so I can spend more SP in PVP/PVE skill lines.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jochamo wrote: »
    Is it viable to have one toon craft all the professions. The character I am thinking of is a retired DK whose skills are reset. Would I have to lvl this toon to 50?

More than likely. In fact, maybe even a little into the VR Ranks to get enough SPs to fully flesh out the Crafting Lines. Use the following guide to determine just how many points you will need. Note, you may not need the Keen Eye passives or the Snakeblood or if you have the traits researched, the Research Passives to actually make stuff. Add up the points you need, see how many you got and figure out if you need to level, or chase Skyshards

http://www.esouniverse.com/guides/crafting/

One thing to keep in mind, if your also going to farm with this character, you really want access to Caldwells Gold, the zones have less farmers in them so mats are easier to find. So, that might have some impact on how far you level. If your going to park them at a crafting hub and feed them mats from your other characters, then this won't apply. Oh, some crafting stations are much easier to get to in other alliance zones than say the one you started in, so there is that too. For example, Ashen Grip is easy to get to for EP, a pain for AD.

Nice thing is, you don't have to use all the skills to make a character that can level. So, invest the SPs you need to make them combat viable, then get the levels you need and the skill points you need, then you can respec out the combat points and assign them all to Crafting. I would only put points into crafting during this time in order to develop the crafting skills (like Extraction and Research Passives). This way your next respec into all crafting is much cheaper. I like to have some combat viability in case they ever need to farm, or collect Crafting Surveys, so even my crafting alt has some combat chops (basically a two skill rotation with an armor skill and a buff skill).

Edited by Nestor on May 1, 2015 4:19PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cha1ky
    Cha1ky
    Have a look through a thread I started recently asking the exact same thing :)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161399/one-character-to-craft-them-all#latest
  • Jochamo
    Jochamo
    Thank you all for the replies.