The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Positive thread for the "little guy" in Zos :)

P3ZZL3
P3ZZL3
✭✭✭✭✭
So, let's be honest here. There's a lot of things people pick up on that they want changed. You might even say they become negative over a period of time.

However I thought it might be nice, for those "un-sung hero's" in the ZoS Development team to get a small amount of praise from this ruthless community :)

And I'm not talking about the big things here, where the Senior Management can sit back and think yeah, that was all me. I'm talking about the smaller things.

Maybe the style of Dwemer Chests or normal chests. The trees maybe? Or the way the water moves.

So, let's he some credit for those guys that put in a lot of effort in stuff that, quite frankly, the senior management probably over look or just expect :)

For me, I love the Water and the shimmers. I think it's done exceptionally well :) So if you are that ZoS employee who helped put those physics together... KUDOS TO YOU!
CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the scenes you stumble on out in the wild. I can't recall where it was, but there's a campsite that's got baked potatoes all over the place. It looked like someone had the awesome idea to bake up tons of potatoes..for... reasons...maybe they were drunk lol. There's no scrap of paper to hint why a little out of the way campsite looks like it was the target in a tater gun fight, but I loved it!
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES games have always been about exploring and discovering the little things in the world. Quests were always just an excuse to go out there and see what was over the next hill. I was worried this would be missing from the ESO game, as, well, MMOs tend to have generic worlds that are more filler inbetween things than something to just take in.

Well, this game is chock full of the little things that make exploration so much fun. So, my hats off to the people whose job it was to pick a place on the map and put something interesting there. I remember one person posted a picture of a cat sitting on a piece of paper, well, cats do that in real life. I also like the random bits of dialog that come out (I swear they have been adding more of it lately). I like how the camps and dwellings give you an idea of the owner/dweller. Some are slobs, some are neat and tidy, some are hunters, some are nefarious.

So, thank you to those who have made the ESO world a place I like to hang out in during those times when mayhem is not my goal.
    Edited by Nestor on April 30, 2015 10:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the architecture of the buildings, the realism of the environment and some of the side quest humor like the naked Nord!
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • minfaer
    minfaer
    ✭✭
    Athas24 wrote: »
    I love the architecture of the buildings, the realism of the environment and some of the side quest humor like the naked Nord!

Couldn't agree more! I also like the voice acting, especially how each race has a unique way of talking (argonians did intone like that before, it's cool!)

And there are several characters that are great (like in the other TES games), for example Rigurd and his Nord Cultural Exchange Programm are supercool!

Oh, and this threat is a pretty nice idea. ZOS surely knows that the internet is more harsh and unforgiving than Judge Xiven, but they'll enjoy to have positive feedback!
    Edited by minfaer on May 1, 2015 12:48AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    I love the scenes you stumble on out in the wild. I can't recall where it was, but there's a campsite that's got baked potatoes all over the place. It looked like someone had the awesome idea to bake up tons of potatoes..for... reasons...maybe they were drunk lol. There's no scrap of paper to hint why a little out of the way campsite looks like it was the target in a tater gun fight, but I loved it!
    Yeah, I love all those little scenes you come across that tell a story, even if (in fact especially if) it's an incomplete story that leaves you saying "whoa, what happened here?"

I haven't seen the baked potato campsite you mention, but it reminds me of that one time in University when I tried to eat 15 lbs of potatoes in one day. The mistake I made was that I baked them all, and just ate them with butter and a bit of salt. If I had varied it a little I might have been able to get through all 15 lbs that day. As it was, I only managed about 12-13 lbs, and I just couldn't bring myself to eat those last couple of lbs of potatoes.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most of what others are saying, I like the little things the npc's say, a lot of the world is really nice looking, The Dragon Star Arena looks cool, I just like the game and have fun.
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hats off to whomever wrote the original starter isles stories. You did such an awesome job, and the game flowed so well back then. I'm sure your heart broke along w/mine when someone told you that press complained and you had to slaughter the starter isle stories. I'm still upset that they didn't just start you there after prison and give the complainers an option to go to the mainland :/ Also, whomever does lighting- keep up the great work! I still stop from time to time and admire how beautiful the lighting is in Tamriel :)
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whomever designed the views and the ambience of the game deserve all the kudos in the world :) I've never taken so many screenshots as in this game!

Also, whomever designed Magistrix Vox :) Awesome badass antagonist, most memorable of all antagonists for me, loved her :) Sad that the fight with her was nerfed, the first time I did it was awesome... second time it was meh.

Some piccies as reminder:
    V5Aq4sR.jpg
    9aiqHub.jpg

(Sorry for the quest marker in that last one, it's from a time before I discovered the Photographer addon :blush::tongue:)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite 'little things' is panning the camera straight down while you are swimming to watch your shadow follow the landscape of the ocean floor. Made me smile big smiles the first time I noticed it!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the work done on the glorious argonian master race.

seriously though, I enjoyed black marsh, i dont care what people say about it.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Whichever little guy(s) do the work on the textures and the mob/npc models are completely awesome.

The senior creative person who made the call that every pixel of tamriel should be perfectly perfect like a Japanese garden rather than a believable world should be held to account for their crimes.

That's the inescapable reason why people who ignored the press reviews and kept playing give eso bad reviews.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very good observations here. Tend to agree with them all :)

I also love the random portals that open in the world when Daedra jump out :) Love the actual portal designs and flows :)

• Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved this game since Beta. I've over looked the bugs, broken quests and other things. Over time, ZOS has taken care of things and the game has improved beyond it's original release. Keep up the good work guys, I for one appreciate all the effort.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a delve in AD that has a vertical layout and is fun to play through every time. My first time in beta encountering it, though, I noticed the spot the skyshard was in. At the end of the dungeon the boss is up top, but you see this skyshard on a platform a minute before encountering that boss. I noticed that jumping down would have left me not having found the boss yet and have no way to jump back up without fighting through again, and immediately realized that had to have been on purpose. Devilish and clever trick there :D.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone argue that the game isn't beautiful. It's obviously the best-looking and most atmospheric MMO on the market.

I, like most people, are upset with ZOS' priorities and lack of communication.
    Edited by Sallington on May 1, 2015 4:42PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Some very good observations here. Tend to agree with them all :)

I also love the random portals that open in the world when Daedra jump out :) Love the actual portal designs and flows :)
    I also like the various random encounters throughout the world. The mini-anchors that you describe, the random summoners who always seem to summon daedra that they can't control (forcing you to save their sorry butts), the bandits attacking a merchant and guard, the bandits with a tied-up civilian as a lure, the 2 mages engaged in a duel (that they get mad at you for interrupting), etc.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love everything mentioned in this thread, but i do like to give one feedback:

PLEASE bind "toggle walk/run" to a key BY DEFAULT... say, Caps Lock?

Why was this by default "unbind"?

Seriously.

The more people can SLOW DOWN in this game, the MORE they get a chance to ENJOY this beautiful game instead of grinding their balls off.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Seriously.

The more people can SLOW DOWN in this game, the MORE they get a chance to ENJOY this beautiful game instead of grinding their balls off.....

This is NOT a complaint or feedback thread Davadin. This is a "Pat on the back" thread for those in ZoS who deserve it :)

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Seriously.

Why would it be bound by default when it's a niche desire to use and otherwise results in people asking why they are snared and if that's a bug with the game, then how to fix it? Also, you may not enjoy playing the RPG part of the game, but many of us do.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously.

Why would it be bound by default when it's a niche desire to use and otherwise results in people asking why they are snared and if that's a bug with the game, then how to fix it? Also, you may not enjoy playing the RPG part of the game, but many of us do.

but i do enjoy RPG.... that's why i want it bind by default.....

so, ok. good argument. but perhaps bind it to Num Lock 1 or something lol.

too many beautiful things in this game got ignored coz people want to sprint as fast as they could.

PLUS, slow walk animation in this game is among the best i've seen in any MMO~
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    PLUS, slow walk animation in this game is among the best i've seen in any MMO~

Maaaan, if only there were explosions in the game we can do this in front of!
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    I returned for the "welcome back" weekend and I'm just awed by this game. A veteran of previous Elder Scroll titles (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim), this game gives me something I've really found lacking in other MMOs: immersion.

At first I was less than pleased that to play a Khajiit I had to join the Alderi Dominion because I've never been a fan of the High Elves or the Wood Elves. But the storyline (so far, I'm level 16) is quite satisfying because I get to see places I haven't in the single-player titles and I get to put the racist Altmer in their place. Kudos to the quest authors for making the quests engaging!

The world is beautiful; from sun rays poking through the trees to the thunder storms. I love the small nuggets littered around the landscape like the abandoned camps, travelers, etc. Kudos to the artists and map planners for making a landscape that invites exploration!

And the books! It's so easy to open/close books quickly to get a skill bonus, but the lore in the books helps give the land a story of which you're now part. Kudos to the lore authors!

I can pick and choose the character skills and abilities that best suit my play style. I love that! And thank you for first-person perspective! It wouldn't be an Elder Scrolls game without it. It really adds to the immersion. And I love the idea that quest levels are tied to your level when you accepted the quest. I really hate over-leveling in other games. Kudos to the game designers!

When Elder Scrolls Online was first announced, I didn't think they'd pull it off. I was afraid it was going to be a cookie-cutter game with an Elder Scrolls skin. I'm very happy that I was wrong. Elder Scrolls Online has provided me hours of entertainment and I look forward to many more.
    PC NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »
    At first I was less than pleased that to play a Khajiit I had to join the Alderi Dominion because I've never been a fan of the High Elves or the Wood Elves.
    On that note, my copy of Tales of Tamriel Vol 1 arrived earlier this week, and just last night I was reading an entry in it that basically explained why the Khajiit joined the Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer healers traveled throughout Elsweyr to help save as many Khajiit as possible from succumbing to the Khnahaten flu.

The Altmer did this specifically because they wanted the Khajiit to become their allies (a cynic might say cannon fodder) in the wars they saw coming. The Khajiit understood this reasoning, and accepted their aid with the understanding that they would stand with the Altmer.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First scene for me that was breathtaking was walking up to CoH. The way it looks on the outside is just awesome.

Same goes for Cold Harbor, the ambient sounds, the public dungeon and the Hollow City. I used to fish a lot in Cold Harbor in the morning as part of my wake-up routine with coffee, just because it had an eerie peacefullness to it.

Especially love the vast and beautiful landscapes of Cyrodiil. There's really so much space that without a map you could easily ride right past something you're looking for.
    Edited by Sacadon on May 1, 2015 10:56PM
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Footprints in the snow
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest Good Job when first seeing it all was beautification of the characters compared to somewhat ugly TES characters unless you had a mod running
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These moments...I appreciate a good smart arse and no matter how many times I've come through it makes me chuckle every time
    244388n.png
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!