The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Huge problem with NPC combat mechanics.

The_Death_Princess
The_Death_Princess
✭✭✭
ZOS, you designed the game for 360 degree permablock, shield stacking, and/or perma dodge roll. When are NPC's going to start using this? Combat with NPC is far too easy and its causing some issues with farming them even more now.
Astaria Dødfurstinna
Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
(Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • sigsergv
    sigsergv
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ARE using. I've seen healers with blazing shield, NPC with shields, NPC raising block in the middle of my power attack etc. Also NPCs are actively dodging your attacks.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat with NPC is far too easy and its causing some issues with farming them even more now.
    What 'issues'?
  • Wyietsayon
    Wyietsayon
    ✭✭✭
    Does it seem like they are backing up more often during fights? I've had npcs back up, then back up again without attacking. Plus it seems like their backing up keeps putting them in weird places. Like, they'd start backing up, then run backwards around a fence or cliff so 30 feet away, just to reach that back point. Then, once they reach that back point, they realize that they can't attack from that point away, and start running back around the fence/cliff.
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    npcs are hitting back when i hit them. working as intended?
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which NPCs are too easy? Maybe you're not looking in the right places. I still haven't figured out a way to live through Bloodspawn's "continuous ground pound" mechanic after his rage timer goes off!

Edited by Emma_Overload on May 1, 2015 9:07PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyietsayon wrote: »
    Does it seem like they are backing up more often during fights? I've had npcs back up, then back up again without attacking. Plus it seems like their backing up keeps putting them in weird places. Like, they'd start backing up, then run backwards around a fence or cliff so 30 feet away, just to reach that back point. Then, once they reach that back point, they realize that they can't attack from that point away, and start running back around the fence/cliff.

It's not just you... I've noticed EXACTLY the same thing. For example, if you go to the far western edge of the Rift and fight the Worm Cult Necromancers who have set up tents there, you will find that some of them back up so far that they end up hiding behind the tent where you can't see them!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    I see people are not getting what I am saying. Yes, the AI on NPCS is good, better than most any game I have played.. Problem is that they unlike real people do not constantly hold down their right mouse button (or whatever flag/conditional) that takes away the majority of my damage as well as my CC. They also do not stack multiple forms of shields repeatedly (at the same time as holding permanent block) to absorb more damage. Rogues do try to do a dodge alot (the jump over my head) but that dodge just gets them killed - a players roll dodge is much better it stops virtually all incoming damage types or CC.

As far as what I am talking about for too easy is my current leveling toon (I started it post 1.6) is nearly done and has leveled every world boss, every group dungeon (the cave icon one), every quest chain Solo and at level. Also, watching people dragging 20 - 30 mobs through Cracked Wood Cave so they can aoe them all in 5 seconds just boggles the mind. All during that time they have no chance of dying from all those mobs. Again this is because players have the ability to use all the mentioned functions where as mobs do have but dont.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf