Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player.. should I use my 30 2h nightblade or rank 1 dragonknight?

connectedb16_ESO
Hello!
So i have decided to try this again.
Im not sure what char i should continue with.

Rank1 Dragon knight : 4 heavy 2 light armor, destro staff, sword+shield
30 Nightblade : 4 medium, 2 light armor, 2hand, bow.

DK
When i last played I enjoyed a balanced DK build. I was tanky but did spell damage kinda, running around with all light armor and 2 staffs doesnt fit my view of the character..

NB
I had a stamina focused build, could change 2hand to dual wield but i think i felt 2hand was more effective when I played. I like having a bow as secondary, especially if im going pvp and there is a siege.

Playstyle
I enjoy pvp and random questing mostly, but want to be able to join random dungeon sometime.. Im an experienced tank, and thats what i mostly used with my dk for when in dungeons but I dont enjoy max tank builds anymore, so guess il end game dps..with whatever char il end up continue with.

So who should I go with? and any have a good rank 1 build i could aim for(for any of the chars)

Thanks!
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    both classes are fun to play.

but if you are just getting back, the vet grind might suck. i just came back myself and the main reason i quit was i got tired of the vet grind and they had just announced they were increasing cap to V14. for that reason you might have more fun with NB.

also, nothing says you can't play both of em. you can always respec.

EDIT: i also have a stamina NB that i built for DPS. she is also a great tank. i got her to v2 recently, mainly because i keep getting bored of the vet grind on my templar...
    Edited by TheSunAlsoRises on April 30, 2015 4:14PM
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • connectedb16_ESO
    Yeah, think il try some quest with the NB for now, seems easier to geta ok spec i like. No idea how to spec the DK.

For a NB : Do i go like 20 health rest stamina or what?
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    i put all my points into stamina on my NB. that's because i was looking around the web and Deltia's builds for dps went like that. deltia is so far the only consistent and up to date site i've found so for ESO min/maxing stuffs. again, the reason for that is because i wanted to build her to be ballsout dps.

my tanking gear has all HP glyphs and so far, in vet dungeons, i've had no issues.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my magicka DK but it depends on your play style. With that said stamina builds are pulling more dps currently, I just don't like the melee play style.

Tamriel Foundry is a great Site for ESO class theory crafting.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    stamina nightblade with 2h, 5 heavy, blur/mirage, rally is a non-stop VR destroying machine. you just don't feel the grind with this combo - with or without siphoning strikes running.

add in siphoning strikes, refreshing path (preferred over swallow soul imo) and you can pretty much just spam brawler on packs and wrecking blow on bosses. pretty nutty.

my magicka sorc doesn't feel this powerful at vr 4, in a full set of crafted legendaries and about 50 more skill points.