The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Starting/budget gear choices for dps/healer NB, fresh at v14?

Bati
Bati
Soul Shriven
I'm about to ding v14 and I'd like to prepare the gear sets to wear when I do. I plan to mostly stick to magicka dps for grouping but I'd also like to be able to heal decently since it will be easier to get into groups like this. Ideally I'd like to combine two craftable sets that can be interchanged with 1-2 spare pieces to switch between the two builds. I was thinking:

dps - 4 piece eyes of Mara and 4 piece Magnus, jewelry is 3x soulshine with weapon damage enchants (alternatively minus magicka cost, I'd have to do some testing)

healing - 5 piece mara and 3 piece magnus, 3x soulshine with magicka cost reduction

Any better options? My budget is only ~50k so there's not much wiggle room for set drops but I could get all the craftable sets to legendary quality with the mats I have.
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend putting weapon damage on your rings unless you were planning to weave dual wielding, 2h melee, or bow in for a DD role. Before investing too far, consider exploring how well you can maintain resources with 3 spell damage enchants, maybe green or blue enchants to get a feel. And saving the purple or gold enchants when you've settled on "final" accessories or a play style.

If you're looking to expand your budget, consider liquidating some of your legendary materials (assuming about 64 to 72 gold dreugh wax and 16-32 of the wood ones). Whether you explore a second set of accessories to give you more room to tweak without re-enchanting or a different set altogether (e.g. Healer's, Cyrodiilz, Archmage, etc.)

Also, though it may not be as appetizing for some, consider vr11-13 martial knowledge gear for your DD. Those don't have to be legendary quality since this is your starter set. You may be able to find these anywhere from 200g to 1000g. Try the stalls in Reapers march or Craglorn. Some people get so sick of the lower vrs that they're giving them away. You may have about 6 to 30 less spell damage and maybe 20 to 80 less magicka than the vr14 set of the same quality, but again, a nice budget option. (vr13 epic quality should give pretty good mileage).
    Options
  • Bati
    Bati
    Soul Shriven
    Ah my bad, I meant spell damage of course. Thanks for the suggestion regarding DD, I had something similar in mind myself but I thought the difference would be bigger.

I assume the same can be done for Healer's Habbit and have 5 HH + 5 Eyes of Mara for optimal bonuses?
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crafted gear, find a crafter for some sets you like
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://esoacademy.com/set-bonus-items/

this place is good to find gear from
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Crafted gear is definitely a good choice for staying on budget. I got a bunch of great sets tipping a few crafters 1k per piece produced with my mats and traits. Very affordable and easy to epic. Most set pieces sell for like 500-700 a piece in shops if you can snag those without doing a custom request.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options