The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10v1 Nightblades win 1/2 the time.

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Not screaming for nerfs but I'm noticing lately that nightblades can effectively move in and out of combat whenever they want now and on multiple occasions I have seen them resist crowds of 10+ whenever they start taking damage and in some cases also pull off 2-3 kills.

Personally when I 1v1 them I get a solid lock, lay the beat down, and then they just warp out and then 2 shot unless I'm armor stacking.

Surely this can't be viewed as balanced.

Discuss.
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    it's to makeup for them not being all that hot in pve comparitively right now

the pendulum will swing soon. it always does. unless you are a dragonknight. it appears to have broken on the upswing for them the last year.
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing with the nb. A nb can either sacrifice his insane burst for the ability to cloak in and out (magicka build). Or he can sacrifice survivabilty and choose an insane burst (stam). Yes, stam builds can dodge roll but there are CCs and attacks that hit through that.

Now lets look at sorcs, who get their survivability, burst, and escape all from the same cookie cutter build. Not saying that sorcs need a nerf, cause we all know that class balancing is an impossible feat. But there are worse class balancing issues than NBs at the moment.
    Edited by jpalm1995 on April 30, 2015 4:01PM
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm fighting newbie players with my main NB, there almost isn't a limit to how many i can juggle in an outnumbered scenario. There is a learning curve in PvP, both with understanding your own build and understanding others. These types of new players that group up together, often times get juggled by any class or player.

If I'm fighting one or two good players, chances are very high i will lose. Or if there is one decent / good player in a group of newbies, it usually leads to my death. Because that one player knows how to counter, and it keeps me from playing with my other toys.

Most players don't have counters, or even know how to counter builds for that matter. It's not just NB doing this, it's every class that has the potential to pull of stunts like this. There are a lot of nightblades in this game, and 1.6 has given that class the ability not to be a free kill by rolling stamina, something you previously only really saw ganker archers doing.

There are so many counters to NB that would stop them from getting those 2-3 kills in a group of people.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 30, 2015 4:24PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jpalm1995 wrote: »
    Here's the thing with the nb. A nb can either sacrifice his insane burst for the ability to cloak in and out (magicka build). Or he can sacrifice survivabilty and choose an insane burst (stam). Yes, stam builds can dodge roll but there are CCs and attacks that hit through that.

Now lets look at sorcs, who get their survivability, burst, and escape all from the same cookie cutter build. Not saying that sorcs need a nerf, cause we all know that class balancing is an impossible feat. But there are worse class balancing issues than NBs at the moment.

@jpalm1995 I suggest you go to alliance war section and look at some of the survivability of some of those stamina NBs. It is ridiculous to suggest that they do not have incredible survivability. FFS the one video has this guy dodgeroll cloaking in the midst of 40 or so people and not dying for 3+ minutes.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

@jpalm1995 I suggest you go to alliance war section and look at some of the survivability of some of those stamina NBs. It is ridiculous to suggest that they do not have incredible survivability. FFS the one video has this guy dodgeroll cloaking in the midst of 40 or so people and not dying for 3+ minutes.

and what armour sets and CS points has he got invested ?
    Not saying its not impossible.
    Just want to know if that is a freak possibly using exploits, or every tom *** and harry.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ that l2p -- I know how to deal with the situation but it doesn't help I'm a stam sorc so severely gimped to begin with and then its just half the time I would say they escape and my or my groups ability to play seems to have little baring on that.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    @ that l2p -- I know how to deal with the situation but it doesn't help I'm a stam sorc so severely gimped to begin with and then its just half the time I would say they escape and my or my groups ability to play seems to have little baring on that.

I've seen several stamina Sorcs, that are capable 1vx machines. Truth be told, I'm not sure why no one has released build videos or information. They have a different style of doing things from a stamina NB, but they work.

You aren't gimped, so many people who have never learned stamina prior to 1.6..just because magicka Sorc seems better, doesn't mean stamina Sorc is gimped.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina Nightblade has no survivability? Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jucsLakZxrE or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULhbSxkSKw
    Edited by SanTii.92 on April 30, 2015 5:16PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but magika sorcerer has the best scape yet. dark cloak cant beat Bolt escape.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a very survivable stamina build, but part of the issue with those builds that work are that they hinge on things like racials or item sets. Getting off topic, part of what I'm advocating for is that stamina builds have the same access to bolt... It would be like playing a night blade and not having access to cloak.
    Praise Malacath.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamina Nightblade has no survivability? Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jucsLakZxrE or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULhbSxkSKw

Literally no one in those groups of players he fights thought to counter his dodge roll. There is a video floating around youtube, where Sypher kills a player gets jumped by two others and one of them counters his roll dodge and kills him. There are even moments where people stand there and watch him fight someone, before he moves on to them. He goes entire minutes without cc immunity, whoever used petrify the few times should have kept pressuring him off CC immunity. Enemy NB aren't marking him, people aren't using detect pots or keeping him out of stealth with a gap closer. I see minimal use of detonation, casual cursing and chasing around blind corners. Come on, don't show up to a Sypher fight without a counter and expect to win by blindly throwing attacks and taking his bait so you can complain about NB having high sustain. Dude happens to be one of the best players in this game (not just with his NB either), not a representation of all NB players.

If no one player in a 10 man pug group can think of a way to counter someone, aside from blindly throwing attacks out you'll get 1vx clips.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 30, 2015 6:14PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except the problem is that if you counter dodge roll (which in and of itself isn't exactly easy) they just vanish and then come back fully charged up with a high damage first strike.

Really the best course of action is just to range them the *** down and hope they die before getting away.. No point in putting yourself in range...
    Praise Malacath.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Except the problem is that if you counter dodge roll (which in and of itself isn't exactly easy) they just vanish and then come back fully charged up with a high damage first strike.

Really the best course of action is just to range them the *** down and hope they die before getting away.. No point in putting yourself in range...

NOO this is the worst option, you can easily dodge roll ranged attacks. If you're a stamina build, you need to stay ontop of a NB like this. You have the stamina to anticipate fear and CC break, keep him out of stealth with abilities like any gap closer or curse. If you just stand there firing off ranged attacks you will get busted, i love people who do this when I'm outnumbered. Less people in my face, easier to kill. If they vanish, use block and anticipate a potential fear (take the chance to tend your stamina). NB burst can easily be mitigated by block, if you give them too much space they can reset the fight.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 30, 2015 6:21PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya well small group you don't range but in a group of 10 you'll lay in enough hits between rolls they go down fast.

Solo/small group staying on top is when they just cloak out and then hit you hard repeatedly. Basically any counter you run they just run away.

I'd rather cloak out and leave. Not worth fighting that garbage strategy.
    Praise Malacath.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant magelight plus charging keeps them from hiding after rolling. Normally they try to fear or knock back to counter so you will know what is coming and can get ready or go immune with immovable.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh I was thinking magelight should probably go back on my bar
    Praise Malacath.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now lets look at magicka sorcs, who get their survivability, burst, and escape all from the same cookie cutter build.

Fixed
  • krashwire_ESO
    krashwire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Quick call the Whaaaambulance. The op has a self-admittedly crap spec and got killed by a NB.

ZOS, people are bad at the game, please nerf NB's so bad players don't have to feel bad when they get killed.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krashwire_ESO Pretty sure the first thing I said was that I wasn't calling for a nerf, and I was simply hoping for some discussion on the matter which, if you tread the thread, you would see others have pointed out examples of such imbalance I had questioned.

Praise Malacath.
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    QQ more. As a DK duelist for some time, its been nice to see NB get up and have some time in the sun.

Balance changes continually. Threads like this are just a waste of space.
  • krashwire_ESO
    krashwire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Cathexis

This is nothing more than a troll and/or whine thread. You are simply trying to disguise it as a reasonable balance discussion. It isn't and you know it. Lie to us, lie to yourself, nothing will change except bloat on the forums. The hyperbolic title sets the tone to start off with. The content of the op just cements the fact that you are bad and blaming that on 'NB being overpowered'.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    never post complaining about class performance in pvp if you do not play all 4 classes.

your viewpoint is skewed, your information is anecdotal at best third party at worst and you ruin your reputation in a social game if you lose your mind over incorrect information. these threads never end well.