Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I think i discovered how come you can't break Fear even if ya have stamina

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you were sprinting, and get feared..You're locked out of using Break Free

• saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    Oh reary? What about dodge roll
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't break free from fear to Dodge Roll...you're basically stuck in the entire Fear animation

• saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    No i mean getting feared while dodgerolling
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No i mean getting feared while dodgerolling

Ya know..I don't know....

I could see it working that way.

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is unblockable when feared while jumping, rolling or sprinting then.
    What's left?

edit: ^unbreakable, it's always unblockable...
    Edited by ToRelax on May 1, 2015 3:06PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    What's left?

This is outrageous! Clearly, Sorcerer needs a nerf.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's left?

You mean unbreakable?
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

If this happen pls test it with Petrify as well, just curious if this applys there as well.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »

If this happen pls test it with Petrify as well, just curious if this applys there as well.

It probably does.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sprinting can't be the only reason, I rarely sprint while in combat and find myself not being able to break fears much too often.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sprinting can't be the only reason, I rarely sprint while in combat and find myself not being able to break fears much too often.

Yeah, it can't be just that. I never sprint on my sorc, ever. I bolt escape if I need to get somewhere fast. Yet I still get cant break Fear (or Wrecking Blow) some times.

In my experience unbreakable CC happens when you get double CCed and at least 1 CC has to do with being thrown up in the air (Dragon Leap, Meteor, Fire Clench, Magnum Shot, Wrecking Blow). You get swirls around your feet but you're still lying on the ground and doing the animation for getting up.

I'll be dueling my guildies on PTS today, so throw me some stuff to test if you want. I'll make a vid if I find anything reproducible.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    What's left?

You mean unbreakable?

Uhm yes, ofc. ty :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have never noticed Fear being Unbreakable. I notice a significant delay between break free button press and break free action happening in game and only while feared. Unbreakable CC for me seems to happen more often with combinations of knockdowns and roots.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear+root = unbreakable CC.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

100% reproducible? I'll try it tonight
    EU | PC | AD
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be sprint, but it's not only sprint.

I never sprint in PvP. I use "sorc sprint" when in a hurry -- Bolt Escape and Boundless Storm. But I sometimes get hit with unbreakable fear, too. I think it occurs when you're subject to multiple CC's at once, but I can't really test it.

I think fear would be reasonable if it were always breakable, and it if didn't play out the animation before you can break it.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

Not rly, no one could break out of the typical ambush+fear combo but u can.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it can't be just that. I never sprint on my sorc, ever. I bolt escape if I need to get somewhere fast. Yet I still get cant break Fear (or Wrecking Blow) some times.

In my experience unbreakable CC happens when you get double CCed and at least 1 CC has to do with being thrown up in the air (Dragon Leap, Meteor, Fire Clench, Magnum Shot, Wrecking Blow). You get swirls around your feet but you're still lying on the ground and doing the animation for getting up.

I'll be dueling my guildies on PTS today, so throw me some stuff to test if you want. I'll make a vid if I find anything reproducible.

Sprinting is for the lesser classes.

I think a fear/concealed weapon combo from stealth also does it as shown in my fear video.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one time this unbreakable cc happened to me i was stunned by a stealth shot arrow then immediately followed by a shield charge that knocked my stunned ass to the ground. full bar stam and unable to cc break until my character stood back up after 3 seconds of being knocked down from the charge, and then dead because, hell you cant really recover from 2 people beating on you when you already took a stealth shot. i was a free AP piniata for those 3 seconds on the ground unable to defend myself at all.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on May 1, 2015 4:13PM
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Sprinting is for the lesser classes.

I think a fear/concealed weapon combo from stealth also does it as shown in my fear video.

Nope, doing it all the time and can´t really reproduce it.
    I didn´t got a single unbreakable stun since 1.6, only hard delayed break frees after a Petrify + WB combination or after fear / streak sometimes.
    Mostly 1 Second, sometimes up to 2 or 3 seconds and even being unable to do anything but moving, but never a completly unbreakable stun..

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it happens when you get hit by multiple hard CC in a row.

In Ezareth's video, he is stunned by Concealed Weapon, but then almost instantly hit by Fear, and somehow that causes him to not be able to break out.

It's like somehow the game thinks he is trying to break the Concealed Weapon stun, and just lets the Fear run its course.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys use sprint?