The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirn honed and spell penetration

preevious
preevious
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, everyone !

I have a little question regarding that ninth trait, nirn honed ..

On a weapon, the trait says "+ XX % spell resistance and + XX % spell penetration",

The question is : does "spell" means that only the magicka based skills would benefit from this trait? That would be unfair for all those stamina builds out there ..
Or does stamina-using skills benefits from it as well?

For a stam build, is sharpened supérior to nirn-honed?

Thanks for any insight on that matter.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea, anyone?
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a hundo percent convinced you have any right to call anything unfair to stam builds at the mo.

Spell penetration refers to how much spell resistance your spells penetrate. Armor penetration refers to how much armor your physical attacks penetrate. Use sharpened.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And remember that nirnhoned armor trait give a lot of spell resistance, much more than reinforced for armor.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woah, heystreethawk, calm down, geez .. that was just a question -_-'..

And I am a "hundo" conviced I have every rights to have any opinion I want on what is fair or unfair.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I've been wondering about this for a while.

And Royjade, yes, you are right, the added spell resistance is certainly usefull, thanks.