The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crit Dmg Bug - Elfborn and Hemorrhage

Navaya
Navaya
✭✭✭
So the Base Crit Dmg is 50% and with the NB passive Hemorrhage which gives 10% more Crit Dmg I only get 55% Crit Dmg. However this bug have been know for a really long time now so I don't know why it never gets fixed.

But to move on to more new stuffs. The Champion Point passive "Elfborn"

I have played around some with different values here. And it it seems that 30 point in Elfborn (10,8% more Crit Dmg/healing Crit Dmg) only give around 5% more critical damage. 10 points in Elfborn (5% Crit Dmg) only give around 1,9% Crit Dmg. I have tested the Crit Dmg on a lot of different mobs of different levels and the results are always the same.

Now I don't have any screen shots to show for, but anyone with a damage indicator can calculate their Crit Dmg and see for them self that Elfborn and Hemorrhage does not work as intended.

I also heard from multiple sources that some people start to get less Crit heal dmg the more points they spend in Elfborn.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they mean 10 or x % of the base 50%
    As is usually the case with crit enchants in mmo's....
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    No, I doubt that they do that. The Mundus Shadow stone give a flat increase of crit dmg. The normal critical rating is also increase flat, with some diminish the more you got though. And that is also the usual case in mmos, that it is a flat increase.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a mundus stone. I have figure than the % increase the CP system provides is a % increase from what you currently have.

Think armor, which is less convoluted example, 5% increase in armor value would bring 10k armor to 10500'armor.

Bring that to elfborn at 10%, one with the stock 50% crit bonus would get 50% plus 5% (10% of 50 added).

It fits with everything else logically.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every stat should have an ~ by it with a + and -....just to be accurate

i.e. "Gives a ~ +10% to -10% crit bonus."
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navaya wrote: »
    No, I doubt that they do that. The Mundus Shadow stone give a flat increase of crit dmg. The normal critical rating is also increase flat, with some diminish the more you got though. And that is also the usual case in mmos, that it is a flat increase.

No, actually that's how the champion passives all work.

They give a X% boost to whatever stat you have.

So if you have 50% crit, 10% champion passive adds ~5%.

If you have 1,000 stam regen, 10% CP Mooncalf boost to stam regen = ~100.

However, what I'm unsure of is the order in which things stack.

Say I have a base of 500 magicka regen and I'm a Bosmer. Does my racial passive or the CP passive stack first?
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    This is what we call Zenimath.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure CP is calculated of basic values of anything including mooncalf.
    from the looks of the results you've got...seems like zos put diminishing returns on crit ;o